Major problems with SU12

Hey guys looking for some serious help here before we delete the game and Return to playing FSX. After sim update 12 I’ve had nothing but issues. Terrible frame rates on the ground and not much better in the air. The game itself is now more unstable than it’s been in months. Cockpit frame rates drop to single digits when panning the cameras no matter how slow i move. Same thing happens when in the external camera but even worse. In the air i struggle to maintain 25-30. Even at FL300 or higher. Sometimes during takeoffs or landing it can become so unstable you can’t fly. After the update all my graphics settings in game were completely reset and i had to start those over. After returning my settings to where it used to run stable. It’s barely any better. To be honest I’ve never had the game working anywhere close to perfect. I’m just looking for stable frames. I don’t need 60 fps I’d be thrilled with 40 fps stable. i mostly fly around Cleveland in airliners so it’s not a very graphics intense location compared to places like LAX or JFK. I pretty much can’t goto those location because of how unstable the game becomes. Also SU12 caused my card to overheat once and CTD. Then my entire Pc crashed and restarted on its own while changing settings in game. The game also previously fried my SSD and had to have it replaced with a fresh install of windows 11 less than a month ago and it still operates the game terrible. Any suggestions please I’m very open to them.

Pc hardware is:
Amd Ryzen 7 5800X liquid cooled, RTX 3070 ti graphics and 32 GB of ram 3200mhz 1TB SSD.
I play at 2K resolution with a 144hz monitor that’s only a 32”. The game is the ONLY installed program on my PC

2 Likes

I also have a 5800X but paired with an overclocked 3060 (which runs at about the same spec as your 3070), you should be getting great performance at 1440p.

Update your bios, chipset and processor drivers from the AMD site and any others for your mainboard from it’s manufacturers. Clean install your latest gpu drivers WITHOUT Geforce Experience (at least for now).
In bios set SVM to disabled and enable both resizable bar and 4G support. If you don’t do already research PBO undervolting with a negative per core voltage curve but you shouldn’t need it for now. Set traffic to the default or less. For initial testing rename your community folder and use a default Asobo/MS aircraft of your choice.

Try DX12 first. I can’t help much with v-sync etc. as my monitor is a fixed 60Hz but I suggest ultra graphics LOD 300 with DLSS supersampling using the crisper DLAA or the faster Quality setting below. You can also lower clouds to high for a few more frames.

Incidently these settings should also be near enough for a 3080/3090 but at 4k (or 6k using a custom desktop size).

2 Likes

I think that is supposed to be “without Geforce Experience…” (Just install the driver and not the extra Nvidia software.)

1 Like

Yes you are correct (I’ve edited it now) … download the gaming drivers but click custom install and then select without GFexperience. Then tick the perform a clean install box.

Thank you! I downloaded the drivers from Amd and it installed storeMI however as soon as i did that i got this message and my Pc won’t boot up windows again like when my hard drive failed :weary: this just keeps going from bad to worse. The message reads “Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart, we’re collecting some error info and then will restart” now it looks like I’m going to have to re install windows on my Pc unless there’s something else i can do to fix this current new issue.

Hang with it as windows may be applying fixes in the background. If after 15 minutes there’s still no sign of life then I suggest a CMOS reset. As you obviously still have access to the internet, you can google to see how others fixed this.

1 Like

Windows just keeps endlessly restarting my Pc now. It won’t stay on the home page for more than 3 seconds before the blue screen pops up after restart. I’ll wait a little longer.

Have you the possibility to download your previous bios version to a usb stick? or does your mobo have a reflash button on the back panel? Can you get into bios at all?

If not then you’ll have to unplug your PC, open it up and remove the cmos battery. Then press and hold the power button for a few seconds and wait 10 minutes before replacing the battery and reconnecting to the mains. Your PC should then boot but obviously you’ll have to redo all of your bios settings.

i did not unfortunately. This is the 2nd time it will be returning to the shop now in less than 8 months of purchase. I’m at a loss now; i have a lot of money wrapped up into this so it’s very frustrating.

Try getting into safemode so you can roll back your drivers

1. Press the power button and force to shutdown when display shows up the Windows 10 logo. …
  2. Select [Advanced options].
  3. Select [Troubleshooting] to continue.
  4. Click [Advanced options].
  5. choose safemode without networking
  6. Click [Restart].
  7. System will restart automatically.
2 Likes

Just did that now! I’m into windows in safe mode, where’s the easiest location to find the StoreMI driver i just downloaded, all it did was download the app from Amd and installed a desktop logo, i didn’t get any further before it crashed. I assume uninstalling should fix my problem.

settings/ apps / installed apps

If still no joy next time choose safe mode with networking and we’ll try a windows update.

1 Like

tried uninstalling and now I’m getting and error code saying StoreMI had not been uninstalled. It’s saying it failed to connect to server, so i can try to reboot with networking on and hopefully that will do it.

You can try but I’m not sure it will let you

Alright update :joy: so they lied to me and said it didn’t uninstall but when i restarted my Pc everything was back to normal this time! So that’s great news, but the desktop icon for storeMi was still there after restart. I clicked on it and selected properties then it told me it was removed or relocated. I checked for the files and it is actually off my SSD. Thank god. Just very strange it gave me an error message saying the Uninstall failed when it actually did uninstall it. Very confusing, none of this stuff works like it’s supposed to. Any suggestions on how to install the AMD drivers without this happening again? I’m definitely spooked to download anything from AMD now.

1 Like

Well done! All I can suggest is updating one by one in device manager or maybe Windows update/optional

And please tell me what model mobo you have so I can never offer this advice again :scream: I’ll just mention I also have MSI and had no such problem

Sorry i left that out ! Lol i have a B550 mobo. Also it appeared as if everything were normal…:but it continues lol windows now boots up normal with no error messages however it’s now showing. I have zero internet connection which is a lie since my Ethernet cable is plugged into the back and it’s lit up showing i have Ethernet. I restarted the Pc again and now the internet IS working. But i think it might be wise to sell this rig and buy a different Pc. Not sure where the problem is originating. Don’t know if it’s AMD, Nvidia or windows. But I’ve had a ton of similar issues to this since the Pc was new out of the box and after it was repaired with a new SSD and clean install of windows about 2 months ago.

Ok that’s not good, start by troubleshooting your internet if no joy try rolling back your network adapters etc. Think you wil have have Realthek too (I Just read you do have internet now :+1:)

So it sounds like you bought a lemon … I always build my own so that I only have myself to blame :slightly_smiling_face:

PS. sorry for the seemingly bad advice … I will remember not to suggest such things so lightly

1 Like

I’ve been having some weird problems with su12 too. Everything works fine when I first load up a flight. The next flight I load up sometimes I see small jerky movements with the scenery. Every time I restart the flight or load up another one from the world map, the jerky movements get progressively worse. The only fix is to exit the sim completely and restart the sim. Then the first flight is smooth. Rinse and repeat. I’ve been playing for the past two years, and this is the first time I’ve seen this. Nothing has changed in my hardware or software except for the SU12 update.

1 Like

I had something similar but only at certain framerates, try turning off low latency mode in nvcp and see if that helps.