Make glass cockpit instruments undockable with controls included

With or without buttons as a option for cockpit builders and those who want the display only on a hardware device with real knobs and buttons

3 Likes

True, but it wouldn’t be that much more work to just make it have the buttons so it works for everyone…

2 Likes

because we fly alone on a two pilots Liner, we need to have several things in pop-ups (and on an other screen it’s better). It’s not possible to fly with an A320 or with a B747 alone and to scroll each time we need to modify an information in the scratchpad of the MCDU.
Then, to have the entire MCDU in a pop-up : that’s not for the fun, it’s mandatory .

3 Likes

This might not really be a home cockpit issue for everyone, but for us poor sods with only an extra monitor or two to show the instruments on. I’d like to have the option to popout say the CDU with frame and keys like the old simulator does. Flying with Head tracking it can be hard to use the mouse in the cockpit to fiddle with the small interface buttons. This is also true for the Garmin. If we could pop out the whole thing, buttons/knobs and all It can be placed and used from a secondary monitor on the side. As it is now, I can only look at the screen but i have the same control issues.

4 Likes

+100 I’d think this would help a lot of people.

4 Likes

Absolutely. That’s a great idea!

3 Likes

Wish this would be added-I use 2 monitors with my PC and having popout screens with the controls would be beneficial to me.

2 Likes

yes i agree. right now this is not sim pit builder friendly. its the pits for simmers. sorry Asobo, get the panels working with correct navigation so we can actually learn about flying airplanes instead of just sight seeing. dont get me wrong im committed and do believe you will get it done but lets make it sooner than later.

Okay, gets my vote.

Yup. Agree whole heartedly. This is one of only two or three things that X-Plane does well. I don’t know how many times I’ve clicked on the Garmin’s screens to “pop them out” only to be reminded that’s not an option.

1 Like

They can actually pop out, but it’s undocumented so the only way you will know about it is by reading about it on a forum post. I think it’s right-alt + left click… but it might be right-ctrl + right click… I don’t remember.

2 Likes

I just tried this with a 152 and had no joy. Did you do this with a particular aircraft?

EDIT: Tried with digital display in a 172 and it worked

The 152 is not what is refereed to as “Glass Cockpit”; that’s the screens like in the TBM or DA 62.

Yep, see my edit above. Very cool. Thanks!

soooooooooooooooo… which is it? What’s the command?

Alt + Left Click

But as per the OP, popping them out serves no purpose with the controls attached.

2 Likes

Popped out and popped out with functional buttons and knobs are two totally different things. If they made pop outs with controls there would be some really sad 3rd party software and hardware developers. For the time being popping out as it is today tanks my FPS.

1 Like

its right alt… left didnt work… hover over the display with ur mouse and hold right alt key. ur curser with turn to + then left click ur mouse. only works on some aircraft.

Please Asobo
Could you please add the buttons to handle the windowed screens? is it in the roadmap maybe? I could´t see it. It would be a great advance to operate through these.

keep up the great job!

1 Like