Make Legacy Cockpit Buttons Work Again

Legacy cockpit buttons used to work, however in a previous patch, this functionality stopped working. Now you can longer click on the cockpit buttons.

It would be amazing to have this back, as this functionality would be great for us in the community who are converting aircraft from the Flight Simulator X format to the new MSFS2020 format. Some of us are starting to figure out how to give the panels functionality, and in general this would be a good feature to have ingame, as the sim has support for legacy mdl models.

As someone who understands game development and its struggles, I understand that there are many other things that need to be worked on. However, this feature already existed in the simulator at launch, and as of such, I do not believe that it would be hard to bring back.

Furthermore, this could encourage people to play more, and encourage new simmers to buy the game.

Another issue within this is the click spots of the buttons, as many cockpits have buttons that could be clicked (now just the tool tip) while looking anywhere in the cockpit.
Please vote on this so that this post can get Asobo’s attention, as this is a feature that would be very useful to have reimplemented back into the sim.

Thanks for reading,
Technotech

You got my vote. Good luck.

Alex Marko
Legacy Importer dev

3 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate it :+1:

2 Likes

It would definitely be nice to get the buttons working again, to get some nice fsx freeware running until the big developpers get their payware stuff ready

3 Likes

absolutely , we need it !

3 Likes

This would be a big help to us glider pilots, as the only way to soar in MSFS currently is via imported FSX gliders.

4 Likes

cant find the vote link

2 Likes

voted ! thanks

3 Likes

Thanks for voting, yes, it would be nice to have functionality from the FSX cockpits, a lot of gauges already work.

3 Likes

I agree too !

3 Likes

On the top corner left

3 Likes

ok i am agree to

:+1:

3 Likes

Thanks again for voting, this is something we need back, please share this around!

3 Likes

Yes, as a developer this would be wonderful…please do…

3 Likes

voted lads

3 Likes

Поддерживаю, единственный способ парить в MSFS в настоящее время - это импортированные планеры FSX

4 Likes

Hi,
agree to!

4 Likes

Please Asobo

3 Likes

Yes! This is definitely needed!

4 Likes

100% currently needs this

4 Likes