Making Tobii eye tracker work with SU9

I am not in the beta, but looking forward to the full release. What does F12 do? Enable/disable head tracking?

reset head position, like the VR binding.

This sounds really good!

Is it possible to change the binging of the f12 key to reset head position?

Also can we adjust and save pitch and yaw sensitivity curves now?

Which Tobii drivers are everyone using, the standard or the beta ‘experience’ ?

Im not in the Beta program and still use the version in the top of the thread without any issues, but it would be good to get confirmation from people who are in the Beta program if that version still works.

I meant the beta driver available from Tobii

I’m just on the normal version I think image

Right. I’m using the previous 4c device so get the choice whereas the v5 just has the Experience driver so I’ll go back to that.
Switched back to the normal driver since Windows Hello wont give me the option to improve the login facial recognition but it’s the same with the older driver which works but movement is slower in the sim.

Hi! My Tobii 5 completely stopped working in MSFS after opting in beta. I rebooted, turned Track IR on and of and on - still nothing.
I opted out from beta in the end, but it still not working, at all. Everything was Ok 2 days ago. Tobii works in other applications. Any recommendations?

Do you have any other plugins such as FaceTrackNoIR installed? Did you also check any bindings for toggle head tracking?

Just started the sim after the SU8 update and I dont have any further options with Tobii.
Where are the options supposed to be?
Do I need to upgrade the Tobii software?

I haven’t updated any Tobii software so far - only the sim. In the controller settings page on the tobii tab you should find the sensitivity button on the left side above the search. There we can finally adjust the tobii settings more precisely :wink:

Yup, been playing around with these for the last 30 mins. Really liking the ability to tweak the eye tracking and the ratio between head and eye tracking.
The head position appears to be an issue though as it tracks X and Y axis brilliantly but I’m not getting any Z axis forward or backwards tracking. The head position setting also has me sitting further back from the default cockpit position and it looks like F12 is doing nothing for me. Any tips??

I am experiencing the same thing. no Z Axis. If anyone has any tips please share. I have tried reinstalling tobii drivers and tried F12’ing…also tried tweaking every sensitivity setting in MSFS in controller settings.

I got it working after some advice in another thread. Need to ensure you have head tracking sensitivity position set - mine is around 1. In cockpit view, I was getting sideways and up and down working but no forward or back but my view was further back than it should be.
Make sure you have the default keyboard profile selected then in the sim, hit F12. This reset my view to where it should be and now forward and back was working.

So after you hit F12 does the view stay like that through the session? Or does it revert back to being further back from your usual position?

It’s okay to do it once at the start of the flight but having to change the keyboard profile to hit F12 everytime the view changes could get tiresome.

Thanks for testing this out!

Does anyone know how to get this working with a computer that has Tobii Head tracking built in as opposed to Tobii eye tracker? It worked in SU7 with 3DOF but in SU8 it doesn’t seem to work any more and because it isn’t a plug-in peripheral, it doesn’t show up in the controls options..

Thanks - I’ll give it a go

F12 disables head tracking…is that what I should do? Disabling it rockets my view forward and then enabling it moves it back…still no Z Axis though :frowning:

F12 shouldn’t toggle head tracking - there is a separate bind for that. Check you don’t have F12 mapped to anything else.

Once you have used F12 to reset the view, it will stay like that for the full session. Not sure if you need to do it for each flight but I know you do need to do it after restarting MSFS.