“Mandatory Game Update” …can’t find it!

Tuesday Oct 19th and I’m getting this message for an update. I went back to the MS Store and Xbox app and for the life of me can’t find the update. What am I doing wrong? Is there really a new update today?

Thanks.

Never mind. I clicked “Get Updates” in the MS store even though I couldn’t find the individual update, and it worked.

1 Like

Not for me… :frowning:

I also clicked “Get Updates” in the MS store even though I couldn’t see it, and it worked.

+1 Worked for me

Still not working, already rebooted my OS… like last time it needs hours until it gets released here (Bavaria, Germany)… i guess they rollout in waves to loadbalance the download requests

I am in the UK and I can’t see the update either…

Could not find it and then it just started downloading on the MS store. I am almost all downloaded in FS2020 after doing the update and starting the FS program. Here is hoping it works (and does not mess up too many things)

Ok, so, I had to update in the Xbox app and not the MS store. weird.

I had the same problem in the previous WU and in this SU, I was not able to trigger the update from the MS store app, rebooting, using Power Shell scripts, etc., nothing was working, so here it is what I did to update MSFS:
With the MS Store version and a custom installation path I was able to update MSFS by uninstalling it from the app settings (it says that the documents will not be touched).
When the process is complete you can check in the custom installation path that the community and the one store folders are untouched, and all the heavy files are still there.
So when you install MSFS again it’ll download just a couple of GB from the MS store or Xbox app, then you start MSFS (you’ll see in the top left corner that the version is update) and it’ll ask to download again 100+ GB, but you only have to point the installation path to the previous custom one that has still all the old files, so it’ll check again for the updates and it’ll find the updates for the new version that in this case are around 8GB.
That’s it, it’ll work without any problem for the MS store version with a custom path, it’d be needed to check if the same is happening (if it will not delete all the files) with a default installation path and with the Steam version but I can’t test it.
I hope someone will find it useful.

1 Like

12 MIB update in the sim thats it, they are not able SINCE release to fix it, what a company. i am still on 1.19 and can play the sim but get no update.

Same for me in fact the store didn’t even show me owning MSFS. It did show two downloads available - one for a MS photo editing app and one for MyPhone. I searched to store for ‘Flight Simulator’ which was found and showed me ‘owning’ the De Luxe version and suddenly there were 3 downloads available and the MSFS one had already started.

Sneaky old Microsoft though - when the download was done and installed I discovered that I had downloaded Windows 11 as well :roll_eyes: Nothing is ever straightforward but it might help if each download was accessed a consistent fashion.

try to repair the MSFS APP then look for updates works for me

Hi,

Closing this topic to cut down on multiple topics.

If you’re having install issues see the link below: