Manual cache UI is broken and the manual cache functionally does nothing

It’s basically useless for exactly this reason since a few versions.

1 Like

This is stupid. They should just fix it; there shouldn’t even be a need to ask them. Yes, they know it’s broken.

1 Like

I have been waiting patiently for some time… Its sad that this issue appears very easy to fix yet not enough people utilize it to gather the attention of Asobo.

You are correct. My original (Aug 2020) manual cache was all perpendicular with no perspective issues caused by altitude. Now its almost impossible and very frustrating to paint an area for manual cache . Does anyone know if a bug report has been given to Zendesk?

I have. I’m sure others have.

OK, So i’ve now submitted a Zendesk report specifically on this issue within manual cache. But i agree the whole manual cache system\procedure is a joke. We wait…

I did, shortly after my post above. They marked it as ‘solved’ but it isn’t for me - see https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/107371

“solved” for Zendesk simply means “report accepted”.

The Xbox/DirectX 12 update (Sim Update 5) will bring lots of changes to the UI and menus, so let’s hope that it will be fixed by then. I’ve completely stopped using the manual cache feature for months now even though I used to find it very useful, it is completely useless in its current state.

3 Likes

Don’t bother with the manual cache. It is thoroughly broken. I’ve tried many times without success.

Checked again after World Update 5 and still not fixed.

@W1tchseason Also, the link https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/107371 is 404 (not sure if even viewable by other users)

1 Like

Zendesk Bug Reporting FAQ

Follow

Avatar Support Updated : Saturday at 14:54 June 05, 2020 04:07

What is Zendesk?

Zendesk is a ticketing and knowledge base software. MSFS uses Zendesk for bug-reporting.

Are bugs and issues tracked in Zendesk?

No, unlike other software like Jira or Github, Zendesk is not designed as a bug and issue tracker.

Microsoft Flight Simulator bugs and issues are tracked in a separate software internally.

Where can I check the status of my bug reports?

To check the status of the bug reports you submitted, log in your Zendesk account and head to https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests

You will also receive a copy of your ticket by email. You can reply or update your ticket via email or via your Zendesk account.

Ticket Statuses Explained (Bug Reports)

• Open: The report is in the queue. A bug report will remain open until it’s updated or marked as solved.
  • Awaiting your reply: Our team contacted you to request more information and is waiting for your reply.
  • Solved: The bug report has been handled—our team has recorded the bug in our internal bug and issue tracker. Please note this does not mean you will see the bug fixed in the next update, but has been recorded and prioritized accordingly.

I reported bugs and you closed the ticket but the bug isn’t solved in the sim, why?

Because bugs and issues are tracked in our internal tracker, the status of your ticket does not necessarily reflect the status of the bug in-game. For a list of bug fixes, please refer to the patch notes.

How are bugs prioritized?

Typically, game-breaking bugs will receive the highest priority, while middle-of-the-road and cosmetic bugs are prioritized based on reproduction and number of times reported. Even if you find a bug that has already been reported, feel free to send in a report to help us prioritize correctly.

If I have a bug report open and do not see it fixed in the latest build version, what should I do?

If you are seeing your issue in the latest release and your ticket is still open, feel free to create another ticket with the new build number and issue and link to the previous ticket. Then, we can close out the old ticket to avoid duplicates. If you feel like your issue is resolved, put a tick mark next to “Please consider this request solved.”

The bug report i sent just came back as :FlightSimulator support+id108645@flightsimulator.zendesk.com

Edit: I Give UP. 108645 problem exists with empty community folder 4 days ago 1 day ago Solved

Not only is the manual cache system broken so is the Zendesk reporting system. 108645 is showing solved just 2 days after lodging. The title referencing empty community folder was just my response to one of their questions. 108645 doesnt even show the complaint. As i said before I GIVE UP.

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.

This issue has been tracked in our internal bug tracker thanks to the information you provided. Our QA team will review the information and try to reproduce the issue. Bugs and issues that have been successfully reproduced will be categorized and prioritized—game-breaking bugs will receive the highest priority, while middle-of-the-road and cosmetic bugs are prioritized based on reproduction and the number of times reported.

We’ll come back to you if we need more information or if we have troubleshooting steps to recommend.

So they know about it. But it helps to give a ticket after every major update until fixed since this bug likely goes by “number of times reported”.

1 Like

As expected, no info in the dev q&a. That’s not to say it won’t be fixed at the end of July, but I doubt it.

Is it fixed? It’s going to be a while before I can check.

Those who already have SU5 now won´t tell you as they´ve never seen the manual cache…

Manual Cache is greyed out, anyone else?

I can confirm that this issue is still there after SU5. I’ve been having this problem since the release of the game…

Have the same issue now as well now :frowning: Had been working through the last updates fine. Now, since having to reinstall the game I can’t cache any new regions. System isn’t powerful enough without manual cache. So gutted.

I solved this issue for myself. Moving to location with faster connection in September - no more manual cache needed. Very expensive solution but it works (hopefully). Thanks Microsoft for making me do that decision to play (aside from other things) your game, lol

As for the greyed out manual cache, try to turn off and on the options at the top (photogrammetry etc.). That helped me before SU5 (but manual cache itself still broken).