Many Addon (and default) Airports Have Taxiway Lights/Posts on Runways (and other airport locations) After UK Update

Howdy everyone- I just noticed that most of my payware addon airports have taxiway posts/lights all over the runways, just like we see in the default. This is new- didn’t see them before in the addons. KMIA, KLAS, KORD, KSDF, KSAN- so they’re happening across developers. The only airport that didn’t have them was Flightbeam’s KDEN. Anyone else seeing this?

1 Like

Yep seeing this with dublin payware. I’ll have to do my best to ignore this for now…

1 Like

I fired off support tickets to the developers I have- LVFR is already working on it, so hopefully everyone else will follow suit. What surprises me is that only some have the problem. Like Flightbeam sceneries seem okay, along with KATL and the “bespoke” airports.

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

I removed all add ons before update , from the community folder, as stated in the installation instructions. Then I added them back again after the update.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Latest UK update broke all my airports, taxi lights are scattered all over the place, on runways, on grass, on terminals and places where they shouldnt be. It Looks as if they were multiplied and misplaced.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Any airport with taxi way lighting * Correction any addon airpoort*

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

i7 10700k 32gb ram gtx1080ti, 2tb ssd

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

No

2 Likes

Hi

Can you clarify if this is happening at all airports or only third-party airports?

Let me start the simulator and i will check back with you.

1 Like

I checked and this seems to be an issue with third party airports, and I have over 50, it affects all of them (payware or freeware). I couldt take screen shot of all of them however as its quite a hefty task.
I understand that asobo and microsoft are not responsible for third party software and we should talk to the developers of those sceneries instead. However since this seems to be affecting so many third party sceneries and i see that i am not the only one who has posted about this issue (The other post where somebody reported this was closed by a moderator), could it be that something in the latest patch could be the cause of all of this or perhaps a change to the sdk? Because its not like we can go and talk to every single developer about an issue that clearly is not just happening to one scenery, but many sceneris from many different sources.

Kind Regards…

5 Likes

Seems to be an issue that MS/ASOBO has to fix. Affecting some default airports apparently too. This is what Virtuali had to say about the issue on the FSDT forums:

2 Likes

I can confirm Taxiway Lights on Orbx scenery for LOWI and Digital Design LOWS. will add some screenshots later.

Orbx LOWI:

Digital Design LOWS:

1 Like

Thanks for jumping in folks, this needed some attention. LatinVFR got back to me last night with this-

1 Like

It’s now clear, as many third-party developers come to address as well, an issue that MS/Asobo is expected to resolve by releasing a hot fix any time soon, hopefully. I’m sure they too are aware of such a base core coding issue and will be eager to fix it.

Between this, the gigantic taxiway signage at some airports, server problems and waiting for all of our modded jets to be updated, this may be a good day to take a break from flying while the dust settles from the update…

1 Like

KEYW (by fsdreamteam)

4 Likes

Same issue all around, this is an absolute game breaker for me.

2 Likes

Yeah, I keep forgetting updates break new things for a while. I hope we don’t have to deal with this for a month or two.

4 Likes

Exactly, that is the point. It may be “ok” to experiment problems everytime, but waiting for months for a fix is unacceptable. Especially when the specific problem is about essential visuals (airports, landscapes, etc)

Also, why such a post got only 10+ votes for now?
Right now, i’m finishing to download the update; after checking some payware airports, if the issue is present, of course i’ll vote and also inform you quickly about the specific location if needed.

1 Like

They did say they added “brand new” airport lighting in the latest update. I don’t know what that means.

They also said they fixed the taxiway sign heights that were being misinterpreted.

My bet is the best course of action is not necessarily that Asobo fix the problem, but that the original authors recompile their airports, and adjust any “fixes” they did previously to get around the issues they were having before.

Almost all the airports except for the stock, seem to get infested… A terribly quick hotfix is required.

Interesting - thanks for the reports on this. Gathering all your feedback and reporting.

5 Likes

Hello. The same thing happens to me in the complement of Peretola airport in Florence. I also have these lights in the middle of the track.