Many Addon (and default) Airports Have Taxiway Lights/Posts on Runways (and other airport locations) After UK Update

I saw this issue at FSDT’s Key West this morning.

This seems to be a common issue with all major World Updates…

Japan World Update 1: Massive skyscrapers all around the world.

USA World Update 2: Terrain spikes all around the world.

UK World Update 3: Was predicted to bring English style farms to the world landscape, but Asobo came out of left field and provided us with random taxiway lights/light posts all over the world.

Well done Asobo, I figure we will only have to deal with this for a just a few months before they decide to roll out the next update… That will inevitably break something else, that we will have to wait months to get fixed.

7 Likes

Having not checked myself, some simmers also report that the MS/Asobo’s handcrafted airports too are infested with those flocks of irksome purplish taxiway edge lights.

1 Like

Thanks so much- sometimes it seems challenging to get these things noticed by the right people at the right time. As usual, you rock!

And we are all afraid that one day break would take a bit longer…

Yeah, it’s annoying, but there’s enough in the sim to keep me entertained for a bit- New replay tools are out, so doing some recording and editing for the time being…

1 Like

Asobo dont know what a hotfix is, Terrain Spikes were there for 6 weeks. 6 weeks, and still the QA is terrible.

5 Likes

Msfs will be always in a Sad State, Every Patch brings at least one Major issue, which will hopefully geht fixed with next patch. But this Patch will also introduce another Major issue… neverending Story.
Terrain Spikes are gone, now we have Lights on Addon Airports and floaty Planes.
Im tired of this ■■■■, every q and a they seem so Motivated, and still relasing horrible patches.

3 Likes

The simple question is… why does this Scenario happen over and over again to where the customers expect it? Is this is what we can anticipate over the ten year life span of the product?

What must change in order to cure this predictable pattern? Whatever it is, please Asobo and your Microsoft patrons, change it.

3 Likes

Hi ! same problem … but i would like to understand is asobo that has to solve with a fix ?? or third party developer?

1 Like

This is an excellent question… As I noted above, it may be an option needs to change in the definition of an object (runway taxiways?) due to changes in the information in the runway definition…

or…

It could be an Asobo developer screwed up and has the lights appear when they shouldn’t.

In this case, my assumption is the lights are tied to the runway taxiways. So the question is, were they being suppressed before and not now (and people were leaving the option checked and didn’t realize it and now they need to go in and turn them off and recompile)… or does this have to do with the feature that carries lights from one string to the next even though the lights are turned off on the next string, but, now, they’re carrying through to the whole next string of taxiway lines.

I can say I just released an airport and didn’t have the taxiway lights on my runway in the latest update (WU3) before I recompiled it with the latest SDK, nor did I see them after I recompiled it with the latest SDK. So, I can’t say I know why the lights are appearing on some runways if the runway taxiways were properly defined (without lights on either side).

But I will also say, because of all the screwups I see in taxiway lights along taxiway paths, I use them very sparingly in my development, in the hopes that Asobo eventually fixes the taxiway light row object which will let me put them where I want and not be beholden to the stupid taxiway lights option on the taxiway paths, which never does what you want it to do (nor did it in FSX).

Confirm is happening. And I thought nothing broke in this update :thinking:

A photo from the payware WSSS

But seriously, we need a beta program for this. It is tiring to break things on almost every update. It is becoming a habit

7 Likes

Has anyone heard any updates on this issue? Most of my addons are pretty much useless unless I fly during the day and close one eye :wink:

1 Like

when a game gets updates to fix bugs but create another one frequently doesn’t look good for the future cause tells me there a problem with the engine something familiar like EA Sports

Developers know- they’ve contacted Asobo. Asobo jumped into this thread earlier too, so it’s just a matter of time before it gets fixed.

2 Likes

God I hope this doesn’t get fixed until next world update in 2 months!

1 Like

Since last update yesterday i’ve seen this in Justsim’s EDDH too.

Another example. BTW, I think the name of this topic is wrong and should be changed, as this problem is not happening only over ‘‘runways’’, but in the whole area of the add on airports.

The pictures here are just hilarious. It kinda reminds me of those bioluminescent beaches haha.

4 Likes

Yeah, the title might be edited with “on Runways and Aprons …”, because the whole area of the airports are infested with those irksome little creatures.