Mappable controls to toggle POIs (landmarks, airports, cities, fauna, etc.)

MODERATOR EDIT: This post merged into this topic.

The points of interest can be interesting however I always have them turned off because they ruined immersion and are a little intrusive it’ll be nice to have a key press to turn them on and turn them off instead of fiddling with menus

YES! I strongly agree! This feature is essential!

Yes we really need this key. Please Asobo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes please!

1 Like

Yes, this would be really nice, sometimes you just want to know what’s around you.
But not constantly and it’s annoying to go in and out of the menu.

1 Like

I really think this is another small kind of thing that devs can solve perfectly in 5 minutes and the don’t to let people think that big mistakes could also be solved if they wanted (phsichological childist thing). Everybody knows this is an essential thing, and of course devs know too. Just they don’t want everything done on pourpose.

Hi,

I’ve just installed it (SU7), it’s working nice for name plates and POI’s (airport/city) “names”.
However it keeps the POI “line”

is there any other mod or settings that can hide the POI “line”?

Please give us mappable commands to toggle each type of label on/off in-flight without going through the menus.

Look on flightsim. to, there are mods for your problem

Ever though that there are players on X-Box as well?
How will they install the mods from flightsim.to?

I’m a bit confused that Bewoss’s post is an exact copy-and-paste of my original post up top. Strange way to make a request. Unless something odd happened when the mods merged that standalone thread with this one earlier today. Hmm…

@ScottMDA I (and no doubt many others) already have the mod to use Backspace to toggle labels, but it doesn’t work perfectly (the ‘vertical line’ remains as mentioned a few posts above) and it should be an option built into the sim in any case - at some point…

1 Like

Nope,with the old version, which I have, no line is visible.
Maybe it is because I use 6 mods from “MUGZ”
If you want mine, if this allowed, gimme a shout.

Scott

Just for clarity, I don’t see the line most of the time, such as when toggling multiplayer nameplates for example. The only time the line remains is when I launch a discovery flight and all the many POIs and town/city names are shown. Those now leave a line behind when turning off labels with Backspace. Didn’t use to, but do now. Maybe I just need to get an older version of the mod.

For 99% of my flying it’s no issue as labels are turned off anyway, so doesn’t really bother me. The only thing that bothers me is that we have no keybind for it yet :roll_eyes:

This is surely an easy thing to implement. Leaving them on breaks the immersion and having to go back through the menus to turn them on and then back off again is a pain.
Now that we are finally getting the ability to map a button to toggle nameplates in SU10 can we please get these ones added too.

2 Likes

In SU10 we got the ability to assign a keyboard shortcut to turn on or off the player tags which is brilliant and I use it all the time.

Would it be possible to also add a toggle for POI/CITY tags? At the moment if you want them off you have to go into options, and then back out again. Sometimes if I am flying in an unfamiliar area I’d like to be able to toggle them on so I can see where I am but I don’t want them on all the time. At present cannot do this without breaking immersion and heading to the options menus

3 Likes

It IS possible, for sure.

Question is, when we get it.
Requested this 2 years ago and still waiting.

1 Like

yup still waiting … I fly in VR and would like non-intrusive markers now and then without going into the menu

It would make world exploring much more informative without spoiling the view, as with the vertical white lines and dots always visible

I fully support this request, please Asobo make it possible to enable/disable POI markers with a simple mappable button!!!

1 Like

using the name plate toggle constantly, makes me wonder why they didn’t implement a toggle for the other POI’s with it.

1 Like