Mappable controls to toggle POIs (landmarks, airports, cities, fauna, etc.)

The sim is gorgeous and it’s great to see so many virtual aviators around me when I fly - but those labels are incredibly large and intrusive (and are identical in size no matter how far away the user is).

Please give us mappable commands to toggle each type of label on/off in-flight without going through the menus.

They are useful but also spoil immersion, so they are good to use but don’t want them on all the time, and it’s a nuisance jumping in and out the menus just for this.
Thanks,

7 Likes

Sometimes the FS earth provides glorious views that I want to take a screenshot of and the POI indicators get in the way of that.

Please add a toggle hotkey so I can turn these on/off on the fly rather than having to pause and go in to the menu to turn them off.

13 Likes

Yes, I agree!

2 Likes

Fully agree on this

I second that. Great idea.

Totally… This is so annoying since also the markers/nameplates are so crazy big and distracting.
And while we’re at it, I also need a hotkey to turn off/on the taxi assistance and also would like to have it much less distracting. Those blue arrows are horrible :frowning:

2 Likes

I would like to join the choir, too. Great Idea…

1 Like

I agree with this. Also, I wish we could toggle the POI indicators and nav guides with a button as well.

I was thinking the same. Labels which could be toggled in-flight would be so nice!

enable/disable POI markers (filter choices) with a single key stroke during flight would be nice unless i missed a key combo for that.

Yes yes yes! Or make one toggle to show / hide all labels, HUD, taxi ribbons, etc at once.

Personally, I wouldn’t want one toggle for all, because I generally don’t use the taxi ribbon and I never have the HUD mode on external camera. But one for all would be better than none :slight_smile:

I just want to be able to switch on aircraft labels and POI markers on occasion, just to get a bit of info or out of curiosity about the things I can see, then turn them off again.

1 Like

If it were to be one toggle for all, it should be dependent on the individual settings for traffic nameplates, taxi ribbons, etc. So if you never want them you would simply keep them off under assintance.

2 Likes

One way to resolve the taxi ribbons issue is to leave the intrusive navigation off and enable the valet AI copilot to take and park the plane to the assigned parking spot. Throw him the keys “she’s all yours.”

1 Like

I’d love to see a drop down menu item with toggles for nameplates, POIs, airports, fauna etc, as well as cockpit tool tips and other tool tips.

We shouldn’t have to delve into the options to select these items!

3 Likes

loading a new flight plan from the aircraft would be a good one too. That should be in the menu bar (or it is and I have missed it )

Yes, this would very nice, having a binding for hide/show all markers !!!

Quick reminder for those interested in this topic… There were several similar posts that were duplicates of this one, so they were moved here. Since the votes do not transfer, would encourage those of you who commented on this to make sure you hit the Vote button at the top of this thread. Hopefully they can implement this feature, as it is very handy for those who enjoy doing formation flying and taking screen shots, etc…