March 2, 2023 Development Update Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

8 Likes

Finally, the “Feedback Snapshot” is back :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Is anyone aware of what aircraft are in the pipeline/queue that are not MScenery or Captain SIM aircraft?

I’m curious if there is anything more detailed/sophisticated that we are expecting to see in the Marketplace.

23 Likes

Glad to see the feedback snapshot again. Thank you.
For me the biggest game changer in SU12 is the scenery gateway system. I hope it’s done right and I am sure the community will embrace it.

7 Likes

I doubt you’ll see anything for XBOX until WASM is out and proven (outside of the Asobo partnership stuff that is required to work on both).

8 Likes

This is true.

I’d just wondered if there had been any other aircraft (such as PMDG’s other 737s, for example) that had been submitted to the MP.

3 Likes

Really just one more big novel feature left to implement and that’s shared cockpit multiplayer. Everything else is either scenery (including seasons, VFR landmarks, and northern lights) or refinements to features already in the sim (weather, traffic, ATC, etc.).

4 Likes

What is shared cockpit multiplayer?

2 Likes

obraz

Why not? I have a feeling this will never change

5 Likes

Because they have an exclusive contract with Meteoblue.

Same reason you won’t see Navigraph capabilities natively. Contract with Navblue.

9 Likes

multiplayer where you share a cockpit

2 Likes

The Feedback Snapshot says “Released” for Direct X 12. It’s still in a beta state though and massively bugged for many people while others can apparently enjoy it thoroughly. Are there any more fixes coming? DX11 is a huge waste of hardware capability and compared to DX12 it’s completely inferior. No FSR2 for me which solves all my performance problems close to the ground. Unfortunately DX12 clips ground textures through custom terrain and is therefore not usable.

8 Likes

Ok I understand, the terms of the SLA…

1 Like

Same reason why we’ll have to deal with the horizon line being visible through mountains. They have contracts with the universe… or so…

Contracts are not the ten commandments, all above if the contractors can’t deliver. There is always something that can be done, it’s only about the will to negotiate.

9 Likes

I’m actually not sad about this. MSFS’s live weather is already leagues better than X-Plane with $200 worth of payware add-ons was, and dev is ongoing, so I think they’re doing the playerbase a favor by not tempting people to part with their money for a janky, kludgy, arguably not better than default experience that in turn fragments the playerbase and makes internal development even more difficult than it must already be with the horrible signal/noise coming off of these forums lol.

20 Likes

Thank you for that explanation!

1 Like

On today’s episode of “MSCENERY releases two more Helicopters while we wait for Microsoft to approve better products.”

Screenshot_20230302_173347_Samsung Internet
Screenshot_20230302_173332_Samsung Internet

18 Likes

I wonder if we could ever get them to talk about the shovelware issue in a q&a…

9 Likes

Until they get better control of their internal processes they should limit a developer to only be allowed to release 2 products per month.

4 Likes

just don’t purchase that garbage…

9 Likes