Marine RM = Pilotable Boats in MSFS 2020!

I had no idea, but it makes sense. Just found these payware pilotable boats on Flightsim.to…

Marine RM - Speedboat and Luxury Yacht

Marine RM - Yatch and Fishing Boat Pack

Marine RM - Yatch and Sailboat Pack (5 boats)

Marine RM - Luxury Speedboat

I might even buy one of these to tour around some of the beautiful scenery in MSFS 2020!

I think we might need another category in the Third Party Addon Section of the forum. Although, you do pilot a boat, so I picked this Aircraft category as I couldn’t find a better one! :grinning:

5 Likes

Yes that´s great! Similar physics to amphibian planes, and I am sure some real interesting yachts will be developed over time.

Some speed boat races like in The Crew 2 would be awesome…

5 Likes

As a sail works with the same physics as a wing and some boats have wings as sails, maybe it is possible to turn FS-2020 into a Sailing Simulator?

6 Likes

We should get Stefano Casillo (ex-KUNOS) in here, LOL

3 Likes

I might ask him to do a mod :joy:

2 Likes

Brilliant! :+1:

1 Like

I BOUGHT THE 5 PACK!!! the smaller yacht does not show up !!! and I cannot turn the boat with rudder controls… it just turns about 25 degrees either way then stops… the big yacht turns a little with rudder then pops back straight to the first position it was going by itself, anyone knows what the problem is !!! to the person that made these boats!!!please correct the steering and give me my other boat!!!

1 Like

up close the scenery is not good enough for that kinda thing.
and way too xpensive.

2 Likes

I sure hope the developer is responsive and fixes problems like that in a timely manner. If they do this right, boats could be a big hit in MSFS 2020. But if they don’t, and leave them with bunches of problems, the idea will die out quickly.

I for one, haven’t bought any boats yet, but I plan to after I pick up a couple of aircraft on my short list like the Twin Otter and the Constellation. Boats would be a relaxing alternative to view the coastal scenery in MSFS 2020 up close.

I took a boat for a spin around Dartmouth in Devon, which is a pretty terrible area so maybe not representative.

I spent a significant amount of time scraping into ground, far out into the water.

I would definitely make use of a boat again and I love the idea but the autogen’s identification of water is going to need to be a bunch better and it’s not as if it’s a priority.

Not a problem if you’re an ocean goer I expect.

1 Like

The last one is mine not RM’s :joy:

I’ve also just updated it; added and improved many things, so if anyone here bought it, check your Email :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the update! :+1:

1 Like

Editing and complementing the commentary with more information, a new tablet that I developed with a practical interactive system to assist in ship functions is finalized and tested and will be updated on small boats. The navigation system has also been upgraded to a new, purely nautical one and soon I will be adding the Garmin GPSMAP 722 that I am developing on boats. It’s another step towards more simulation quality for those who like to sail with boats and ships.
I’ve done lifeboat launch animations and will do submarine ROV launch animations on offshore ships as well as container hoist animations on cargo ships.

Thank you! I will be developing a category of powerboats in the near future precisely for greater integration in co-op matches, let’s look ahead with that

3 Likes

Editing my answer to include a news about my boat package based on reality yachts. I have just made available for download the Sea Ray L510 Fly, fully detailed with the possibility of manual startup through the panel, multifunction tablet to access options such as activating anchor chain and mooring ropes, among other things. Check it out @KodiakJac @PinkPanteees

Yes, that will be explored! I’ve already done some tests and it works, the physics of wind management on a vessel works, with some adjustments it can be added to the game, with the proper sail animations

2 Likes

This will always be the goal! SimUpdates sometimes break vital code for the Third Party Add-On to work and this ends up causing delays in finding a solution to new problems that arise, but overall, progress has been good in solving the main problems that have arisen. presented.

The biggest order today is for Asobo to implement an anchor system on hydroplanes, as this could be applied to boats. Going further, contact points that react to the line of water waves would be perfect.

Let’s stay focused on building amazing things. This is my recent launch, the White Star Line fleet. check it out: https://www.roprodaudiovisual.com/msfs

3 Likes

I can’t tell you how much I’ve been waiting for something like this! I’ll be back with my impressions!

3 Likes

Are these boats used by the AI too? I would LOVE to have a programmed AI Titanic cruising her old iconic route! (no sinking implemented.) :slight_smile:
And Halloween is near, why not adding some half-transparent ghost ships to the fleet?

Be sure to let people know. I am definitely thinking about it and hope it’s not a gimmick.

I hope it’ll see some evolution over time and it won’t be something you’ll put down after a couple tries and won’t want to pick it up again. A thing that bothers me is the tiling issue of the water found all over the place. The sim needs to eventually shift its focus towards the water. Pretty much as it stands, the sim doesn’t accommodate seaplanes very well.

Yeah. I believe Asobo has something water related on their “to-do list”, but they’re going to have to something soon considering the Spruce Goose is on the docket for the 40th Anniversary Update.

1 Like

Bad water physics didn’t stop them from rekeasing a bunch of deluxe and payware seaplanes before, I doubt it’ll stop them from releasing the Goose.