Marine RM = Pilotable Boats in MSFS 2020!

I never said anything about them not releasing the Spruce Goose, I said Asobo is going to have to work on improving their water physics.

And I wanted to point out that them releasing the Spruce Goose doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll do anything about the water physics, because previous releases of hydroplanes didn’t push them to do that either.

Funny enough, while “walking around” the boat, clipped through one of the static female passengers…let’s just say they’re…fully modeled. :laughing:

1 Like

I would hope they’re “study level” :rofl:

How is it really? No noticeable issues?

1 Like

It’s honestly not toobad. The “cockpit” of the lower deck is non-functional, some of the buttons and switches aren’t labeled or working.

Otherwise, the cosmetic detail is pretty good and it functions like a boat on water.

Quite enjoyable for what it is.

1 Like

@CplPhokett I’m very glad to read this! I’m happy to see my boat inside the official marketplace too!

@GamingCat2130 Today the Titanic has an AI version with scheduled traffic following the White Star Line route at the time for her, leaving Southrampton and going to Cherbourg and Queenstown before heading to New York. In the near future it may be available for Xbox, let’s hope for that. For now, it’s available on Flightsim.to and Simmarket.

@Taschi4578 I have a certain expectation that water physics will receive some improvement in the next game update, but it is a request from all of us that Asobo pay more attention to water physics, which will benefit boat, seaplane users and improve the game. in general.

@RandyFlagg9653 The girls passengers are modeled at study level and I’m out of breath from laughing so hard at this comment HAHAH
And that’s true, I modeled all of them for greater immersion and realism and it’s possible to navigate alone too.

I am happy to read the comments of those who have tested and sailed with the boats in Yes, I do all of them with great dedication

4 Likes

I’m glad! It’s honestly great to have something at “ground level” and to be able to see and do things that planes can’t.

I’m excited to see what you do next!

1 Like

Maybe it’s a good time to talk about my new project that’s in the works.

A 400ft luxury Mega Yacht, with accessible interior and exterior compartments highly detailed with 4k textures, unique lighting and bridge with break room, is an ambitious project that I’ve been working on for a few months now and it will be a great pleasure to do it. it available next week. Let’s hope =)

5 Likes

I just completed a trip in the Sea Ray L510 from Seattle to Orcas Island. As mentioned, only the upper bridge contains functional controls. After loading the yacht, I selected the starting point for the trip and used CTRL-3 to help find the upper bridge. At first this was very difficult. On selecting the external view, on returning the upper bridge view is lost. Found Little Navmap to be a great help in showing my location. Frequently used Left CTRL R to speed up the sim during long segments, then Right CTRL R to return to normal speed. The yacht would reach close to 40 knots, which would become 80 knots at double sim rate, and my CH Products throttle controlled the speed. If I try to go faster than 2X it is hard to control, and if it tips on its side there is no recovery. The engine Start and Stop functions work, as does the anchor. Used the weight and balance to select the girl passengers.

The views from the upper bridge and external view are surprisingly good. The map display seems to work, but is not very bright. So far, functions like setting a heading or using the autopilot have not worked for me.

Overall, I am pleased with how well it works.

1 Like

Hello everybody!

We are close to release of Mega Yacht for MSFS and I want to share with you some images from the development, I hope you like it = )

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: Looks amazing! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Hello everybody!

Here is a short video demonstrating some of the new features being applied to boats as of the new MSFS 40th Anniversary Edition update.

The water contact physics has been improved and new water spray effects have been added, making navigation in the game more beautiful and realistic. Hope you like it! = )

3 Likes

It is important to say that there was a change in the logic of contact points that made some of the boats inoperative.

I will be applying the solution on all boats and ships in the next few days

1 Like

I see there’s an Update from today’s Marketplace Drop for the Sea Ray. Do yoy have a changelog by chance?

@Majorbash15 Thanks for this comment.

A patch has been shipped with an update to the display system and electrical system that will resolve the controls and other bugs in general update 11, but it appears that there was also a problem with the build system on Microsoft’s side, so update approvals are delayed by Asobo. We believe this will be resolved tomorrow or later this week and I will keep this channel updated with information.

1 Like

Can we land a Helicopter on the stern? Tha’ts the real question. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it for Xbox too??

1 Like

@Wudanstudent Yes, the Sea Ray L510 is available on the Marketplace for PC and Xbox in an updated version, which fixes minor bugs and updates the navigation system.

Soon, new boats will be in the game, such as the Mega Yacht, Deep Sea Tug Boat, Coast Guard Cutter and icebreaker among others! Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Hi, is it possible to pilot any of these boats and / or walk around the boats interior using a VR headset? (I have a HP reverb G2).

Reason for asking is that most of the free boat models I have tried so far have been external or fixed interior views only, and it wasn’t possible to pilot or move around the boat from an interior view in VR.

Many thanks!

Philip.

1 Like

I have to admit, with addons like this, I am really tempted to sort my VR setup again (currently unplugged as I don’t use it).

I reckon this and others that are targeted at helicopters would be awesome in VR.

Question is, if you engage FPS mode in FPRealistic on one of these boats, does the boat sail off into the distance leaving you behind, or do you stick to the deck and go with it and can “walk” around?

1 Like