Market Place Rip Off DONT USE

I purchased KORS Orca and Darrington in September, used them fine but after updates these have been removed from my Market Place Owned. After contacting support they say I have not purchased these items, I cant prove i have but i have all receipts from Microsoft, unfortunately there stupid idea of purchasing credits to buy items, means we have no proof of what we bought. Why they cant put the name of the scenery on the receipt is beyond believe. I have 8 receipts but only 6 items in my Owned area on Market Place, but it is too complicated for them to work out which receipt is for which scenery.
I will never buy anything off the Market Place site again, until they start giving proper receipts for purchases and not the stupid credits they work with. Be Warned if your items disappear, they have no intention or inclination to try and work out what went wrong.

12 Likes

Hmmmm, not good. I’ll stay clear from them for now.

3 Likes

I would hope that if you go through the moderator/community manager channels, something could be done. Its very likely they can and will help somehow.

Hello, thanks for the feedback. This seems like a bug as your shouldnt have lost the items. Can you DM me with the details so I can take a deeper look into this? We’ve also give your feedback to Marketplace on receipts.

13 Likes

Butdoes that not imply they either have to grant those credits to your account as they claim you haven’t spent them?
And then you can “buy” the addons again…

Or they claim you bought something else, but then these products should be there, no?

So either way, they cannot win with this lame excuse…

I always receive receipts from Microsoft. My MS is store bought. I also use PayPal to make purchases so that’s double proof. Just a suggestion for the future.

1 Like

One word: Kitfox

I’ve lost 2 Orbx packs in a similar circumstance. These mysterious flight sim credits allow both Orbix and the Microsoft Store to claim I didn’t buy it from them. They both did claim this after speaking with them. I would only ever buy direct from 3rd party companies now, not the market place.

1 Like

Out of curiosity MS store users, when you purchase a marketplace item, what does your receipt show?

As a Steam user, I see “Microsoft Flight Simulator - X Credits” and the price for those credits. There is no hint as to what item I’ve just purchased. Do you see something different?

2 Likes

If their first thought is that you are lying, that tells you all you need to know. They don’t trust their customers. The response to this will be telling. If they want the Marketplace to die as a concept, they are doing the right thing by eroding all trust in it.

2 Likes

Only the credits shown and the price. Purchased addon is not shown.

2 Likes

You would think a receipt for something, to a certain value of credits would be proof enough. If they can see you bought something, and they can’t see any evidence of anything else bought on that day, then you must have bought the very thing you told them. Else where did the credits go?

I have to say, I think that’s put me right off the Marketplace.

1 Like

Something I bought from the marketplace, I have no idea what it was, must have been an airport but I dont remember…

3 Likes

Just shows the number of credits purchased. Also, I’ve seen that it is valued at 1 FS Credit = $0.25

Yes, same for us all I suspect. So if I had a failed purchase, I would go to support and say I just spent 80 credits on a thing, and I didn’t get the thing. They would look for an email, or some other evidence that 80 credits had been removed from my account. They could then look at my purchases from the Marketplace to see if they can see something worth 80 credits added to my account. If they can’t see anything worth 80 credits, then simply refund the 80 credits.

And if they don’t, then I go down the legal route, and contact my bank, or UK citizens advice to see where I should take my complaint next.

Oh, and also make sure I post of my experiences on every sim related site I could find.

For the sake of 80 credits, that’s PR they don’t need.

1 Like

Yea mine shows Microsoft flight simulator sim credits with the total amount of the add on. Same as my PayPal.

1 Like

Oh dear, thanks for the hint. So far I only bought one item and I do not have a proof which item it was. That´s bad practice. Another reason to avoid this store where possible.

As long as I won´t get a receipt and clear confirmation for what I spent these coins on in future, I will not buy from the marketplace ever again - just to be safe.

It is not only the money, but I just don´t have the time and nerves to put up with things which are absolutely unnecessary as they should be able to trace purchases linked to users´ accounts.

Every small internet company can do this, but big MS should not be able to? That´s hard to believe. Well, I will buy again once they can.

Thanks again.

1 Like

This is bad. They should correct this immediately to show proof of item purchased. This is a serious flaw.

Buying virtual currency is not necessarily a bad thing. What bothers me about the markeplace is the complete lack of transparency.

When I pay my real money in Steam (same applies to the MS Store), there’s no record of what I’m buying. I’m buying X number of credits. Once I’ve bought them, that’s the last record of anything I have.

There’s no way of seeing our purchase history in the sim. We just have to pray that Asobo doesn’t have a data loss along the way and that we can trust the store will keep our licences to the add-ons we purchased.

Personally, I’d like to see a transaction history in the marketplace so we can track what we’ve actually purchased.

6 Likes

What’s up with this virtual currency thing? Why not simply stating goods or services and putting a tag on them in common currency? What kind of law are they trying to circumvent?

1 Like