Marketplace Airport Map Is Blank and Not Showing Anything

Same here. Update was easy and without any problems.
But my marketplace map is empty. None of the filters seems to function.

Very weird….

I like the new concept, but something clearly went wrong with implementation!
SU 9 to the rescue???

I am now (on PC) seeing this blank marketplace map issue going on too. When I first ran the sim after SU8 update all airports showed up fine, but every visit since just shows a blank map with no airports at all. Filters don’t do anything to rectify this situation. Strange how it worked initially though. Any word on a workaround/fix? Guess I’ll just have to switch to using the list view again.

1 Like

Tried the new map feature and getting a blank map as well.

You may wish to check this existing topic tagged bug-logged:

1 Like

I’m getting this too - totally blank map with nothing on it, no matter what filters I select.

It’s definitely a community folder content issue. Empty it (rename it and create a blank folder) and the word map is back functioning again.

Sad,
it can’t be that a feature is developed by Asobo that forces the users to say goodbye to the community items concept to have it working…

2 Likes

Agree. Hopefully it gets ironed out, but by when? They are potentially losing sales because of it being broken. I mean this was the one new feature about the new marketplace that I actually like. The rest I could take or leave as it looks like it’s designed to be run on a swipeable tablet.

To solve the problem should not be so difficult:
The marketplace world map could only show items from the marketplace (knowing, which items are owned by the user - a knowledge that the marketplace already has) and not try to get the informations by parsing the community contents…
Because it is a marketplace feature I think it is not mandatory necessary, to include informations about contents bought from other stores or collected from the community (freeware).
To include the abilty (of showing community items as installed too) could be a future feature, when Asobo has found how to get it working too.

I agree @BragRaindrop933. I am having the same issue with MSFS after installing Sim Update 8. I noticed the airports were not showing on the map (but appear if you display them all (not on the map)). I have the sim installed on my Xbox Series X and PC. While I keep both versions updated, I use the PC version almost exclusively. My PC version copy is the “free standard” which comes with my Gamepass membership. I upgraded to the premium deluxe version on the PC which transferred to the Xbox version as well I believe. After not seeing the airports on the map, I tried to fly a Longitude and the sim crashed to the desktop (previously I was not having crashing issues). I restarted the sim in safe mode and the airports appeared on the map. What is puzzling to me is I reduced my community folder down to a small subset of items which I know others have and are not experiencing issues (or at least not reporting the issues) and yet I am. One other interesting note is my marketplace account had to have a transaction removed because it stalled for several days (my buy option was greyed out). This clear out occurred around the time I updated. I suspect this has nothing to do with the issues but looking for some common pattern between those of us who have this airport map issue.

Yes definitely some community items and not others causing the issue. Not sure about marketplace items, they seem OK to me. It’s obviously a bug. Does the XBox marketplace map work OK? There’s no community folder there. Would be interesting to hear from someone with loads of add ons including aircraft. As every 3rd party aircraft seems to cause the map malfunction. Can’t think why. Scenery I can believe, but aircraft I really scratch my head over. Liveries all fine.

@BragRaindrop933 my Xbox seems to work fine and I think I fixed the problem (at least for me). You are right that it was an issue with the Community folder. The issue appears to be with something I had in the past that was saved in the cache. Do you have your cache on? Have you ever had it on? I had and I deleted it and it still did not work. So, what I did was increase the size of the cache which basically cleared out what I thought should have been deleted when I performed the delete function. Once I did that I deleted the cache again and then tried the marketplace and it worked. You might need to close the sim and reopen. Thus, I know it might sound strange but go to your cache in MSFS options and turn it on and make the size a bit larger than what you have. Then save. This should reset the cache. Then delete the cache again and go to the marketplace and see if that workes for you. You can turn off your cache after increasing it. Just needed to “reformat” the cache by increasing it.

I didn’t know that this feature existed, but stumbled on it accidentally. I found it very useful for locating available content in a specific area. Unfortunately, suddenly nothing shows up on the map?! Totally blank slate now, and I don’t know why.

Worked first time I used it after SU8 update. Blank now. I’m on the Steam release.

Sorry, but this doesn’t work. I tried it but it has no effect to this issue.

This feature has never worked for me after updating to SU8 - Community folder empty or otherwise…

I’m assuming it’s a bug & will eventually get sorted.

1 Like

I didn’t do anything but It fixed itself. Weird. Anyway I am happy now.

I just cleared my Rolling Cache in

Options > General Options > Data > Delete Rolling Cache File

That seems to have fixed the problem. I exited MSFS and restarted and the populated marketplace map is still present.

The strange part is I don’t even have Rolling Cache enabled.

Nick

Didn’t work for me