Marketplace problems

Using xbox s/x . Not able to purchase anything from marketplace. Buy button and buy download buttons darker than others . I un installed and cleared my profile, reinstalled everything . Not working still. I have tried turning off online functions saving then turning back on . Nothing . I even tried upgrading to the deluxe version. So I spent more money. No change after the update for upgrading. In East USA. Please help .there are workarounds for PC steam but is there one for the Xbox ? I downloaded andies a few weeks ago so I know it use to work . I just want the reno races . And voyager Getting frustrated.

i have had this problem since black friday. tried everything EVERYTHING. even had contact with microsoft and got tips but still no joy. i think it will be sorted out after the holiday season. Around Black friday or a day or two after I purchased the erj because it was reduced 50% in price 12.99 or so. then when i discovered I had been charged full price on paypal I immediately requested and got a refund. I never evn initially downloaded the product. since then marketplace is greyed out. I think maybe that happen when a refund is triggered, it will get sorted but there isnt much I can do on my end. Even reinstalling signing out in offline online doesnt help. I dont mind too much because I spend WAY to much money on addons. I have both xbox and pc versions, so I prefer to buy in game(flight) that way I get it free on xbox when it becomes available in xbox FS marketplace. I f I buy for example the new Flightbeam Blagnac Airbus addon from simmarket etc and eventually it is made compatible with xbox then I have to buy AGAIN. So I prefer to buy on Marketplace.

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know it’s not just me . Still sucks

No, we are quite a few. You just need someone to solve the problem

1 Like

Stay away form the Marketplace, it is a fire dumpster.

1 Like

microsoft solved mine. I was directed to download a small update. The greyed out marketplace stemmed from a refund I made during black friday which was honoured but needed to be checked. I had tried all the usual things stated on forums but a greyed out marketplace can be a login issue or many other things.

I do not have the checkout box in gray. When I touch the purchase box, the purchase window lasts open for a tenth of a second and the purchase error appears. I don’t see the way to contact microsoft, can you tell me how?

yes fill out the details at zenddesk

I fixed it by starting MFS2020 NOT as administrator and fixed

How would you do that on x box version

I do not know either

I have that problem now (PC) i cant buy anything in marketplace. i have tryed all… and nothing works.

Do not start MFS2020 as administrator

how do i do that?

Right button on the icon, it opens drop-down with “Start” and “start as administrator”, open MFS2020 from start. This on PC, out of here I don’t know

Yes I am over this problem also… since X Box association this has been a real problem I would suggest
3rd Party developers do not use MSFS 2020 Market place and do direct sales as they have done in the past… Carenado … stop using Market Place … I have always supported top developers like yourselves… PMDG … I buy direct top products … forget dealing with the Market place … always drama with many simmers not just me … MSFS 2020 top notch sim … in my view … as a real time pilot … it is good … let 3rd part developers in but direct not market place … my view only so dont get your knickers in a knott if u disagree… think about many others who have similar issues

3rd party developers usually do direct sales and then later sell from the marketplace. this helps them reach a wider audience. there are now countless paywares out there and as the sim develops the phenomenon of being a needle in a haystack can start to affect sales. except for stuff I know will never come to the marketplace like the Fenix a320 and certain utilities I only buy from the marketplace now and usually only during sales, because I have both pc and xbox platforms and for me its buy once get twice.

what problem exactly ?

Ah… I see in your duplicate post:

pending transaction: We have a lot of topics and some FAQs in ZenDesk help system . Depend from where you install MSFS ( Steam / MS-Store ) there are different things you can check on your side, or if nothing helps you can contact the support.

One example from forum:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.