Marketplace purchase failed, but my money and Steam wallet credit have been used

Thanks for the tip, but I’ve done that multiple times and have restarted the sim a couple times. That has worked in the past but not the last two times. Something seems to have changed. Edit: I’ll sit in the content manager longer this time. I sat on the main page a few times and nothing happened. we’ll see!

1 Like

aww ok usually works for me i dont like it though

2 Likes

Ok, it did work! I just hadn’t stayed in content manager long enough I guess. What a strange issue. Thank you! Edit: It looks like Microsoft 2 minutes ago fixed it on their end, so I’m not sure which it was :laughing: I’ll try this next time before submitting a ticket though.

1 Like

yay yes you have to just stay there i have no idea why it does this

1 Like

well lets hope they fixed it as to behonest i cross my fingers everytime

1 Like

“We have identified an issue with Steam payment processing and will bring a patch for it with Sim Update 12 that should resolve the payment issues users are currently having.”

Ok, some promising news from the support team!

2 Likes

It is good news shame its only took 3 months for them to do it :smiley:

3 Likes

nope not fixed i just purchased something same thing had to use the re buy and content manager trick which worked

3 Likes

I understand exactly what you’re trying to say and appreciate the point you are trying to make  I also agree that litigation should not be the first-choice “knee-jerk” reaction.

The point I am trying to make is that you should not have to open a ticket as a matter of course to get an on-line transaction to complete properly.

As an aside, my copy of MSFS is a direct download from MS/Asobo and, (so far, knock wood!), all my online transactions with them have been swift and sure, (unless I forget to VPN (:wink:) to a place outside of Russia), and I have never had a problem with transactions completing correctly.  Also note that I use the MS Store with PayPal to complete transactions.

I have also used the Steam Store along with PayPal to purchase games for my granddaughters and I have not had any problems so far.

Is it possible that the actual payment processor itself is the problem?

Using any of the respective stores, (MS or Steam), along with PayPal, (via a VPN endpoint in NYC), as the payment processor has never given me any problems.

What payment processor are you folks using?

Absolutely agree with you there. This should be fixed, I fully support that 100%.

1 Like

Same here and no more Steam purchases for me due to their lack of customer service dealing with this kind of problem.
Still happy to purchase form the likes of Orbx in the future.

1 Like

Could you tell us what the solution was and what M.S. said caused the issue?

It might help others in the future from having the unnecessary hassle of having to file a ticket.

As it stands at the moment it still seems to be a bit of a lottery over whether a MP purchase proves successful or not and I am guessing some people (including me) are still put off by this uncertainty. There is still a lot wrong with the MP purchase system in my opinion. It should really have been sorted fully by now.

Speaking for myself I always try to buy direct wherever possible to avoid any hassle.

2 Likes

there has been a workaround posted so many times from others and me on the numerous threads on this subject
once you buy and authorise and nothing happens re buy and when the overlay opens asking you to add funds cancel the transaction then goto content manager and just wait can take upto 5 mins then it should start to download

1 Like

Thanks for the workaround and it’s good of you to point this out to us.

And yet, I have to wonder why we would still have to do this two and and half years down the line after the sim was launched. It shouldn’t be necessary in my opinion :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I never pay “direct with a credit card” whenever I can avoid it.

One of Steam’s payment options is PayPal, which I use exclusively, and have never had a payment problem.

1 Like

Thank you JazzSam for letting us know :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks also Jimrh1993 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It seems to be working fine now is SU12. Done five purchases, no problems. Thanks for this fix.

2 Likes

Oh dear, again after WU13 tried to buy ATR, purchase failed!
My credit card was charged!
Here we go again, what to do? It is is some kind of retry… failed loop. I hope this will be fixed for good in a SU, otherwise Marketplace is useless, and from where I can buy ATR if not from there?

1 Like

For issues with purchasing, it’s best to contact Zendesk for assistance.

What did you use as your payment option?

Where are you physically located - and if using a VPN, what was your VPN endpoint?