Marketplace purchase is pending -- nothing happens

This solution worked for me, by following this instructions I was able to make my purchase.

Thank you!

1 Like

Okay, even with Steam Overlay checkbox es enabled in both places on my steam app (ā€œSteamā€, ā€œSettingsā€, ā€œIn-Garmeā€ from Steam main page and ā€œSettingsā€, ā€œPropertiesā€, ā€œGeneralā€ MSFS 2020 pulled up in the Library), this was happening to me as well using a high end Alienware PC. I did 3 things.

1. I put $25 in my Steam account from the Steam program because I didnā€™t trust the reliability of the interface with PayPal because I had had problems with it in the past purchasing a plane but not downloading.
  2. I changed the properties of Steam.exe and GameOverlayUI.exe in folder ā€œC:\Program Files (x86)\Steamā€ to ā€œRun as Administratorā€. Note: When Steam started up it warned me to not use compatibility mode but I left it on anyway.

I could not purchase the Top Rudder 103 Solo on April 5, 2022. I did the two settings above on April 6, 2022, and still got the ā€œPurchase is Pendingā€ multiple times as I tried shutting down and restarting MSFS 2020 multiple times. I even tried temporarily shutting off Malwarebytes anitvirus program.

1. I had 3 external monitors connected besides the main monitor I use for MSFS 2020. I decided to disconnect all 3 of the external monitors leaving only the main monitor connected.

Today, April 7, 2022 doing all 3 steps above, I decided to give it another try. I even left Malwarebytes active. It finally worked. I was able to purchase download the Top Rudder 103 Solo as the Steam Overlay finally worked.

Conclusion: I donā€™t know if the monitors were the issue for sure or not as I read one post where it didnā€™t work and then mysteriously worked. I wish I would have tried purchasing today before disconnecting the other monitors but unfortunately I didnā€™t.

I disconnected the additional monitors because I had a rather obscure problem with multiple monitors causing a failure when trying to install ā€œOculusSetup.exeā€ on my computer so I could do VR with my Oculus Quest 2. I tried for over a month installing the ā€œOculusSetup.exeā€ program on my computer. Nothing worked to get rid of the installation failure until I disconnected all but one monitor.

Just saying, using only one monitor might help.

1 Like

Hello,
Iā€™ve got the same problem. Iā€™m on Xbox Series X. Today I bought almost 10 items from Xbox marketplace without any problem(!) finally I wanted to buy The Airport Islamabad and there i got my problem. I have paid by PayPal. I got the reciep from PayPal, so itā€™s paid. But i canā€™t download Islamabad Airport. Iā€™m getting that message what you guys said here before. Trying and trying downloading but nothing happens. Itā€™s payed already by pp.

1 Like

Hi @SCHIESSBURGER,
Please see this post above for issues with purchases:

I think PayPal has a transaction limit but if you received a receipt, then follow the instructions above to contact Zendesk.

1 Like

Got the same problem. I was charged (bought with paypal) but the order is still pending and then it fails. Canā€™t buy anything else. Submitted a ticket to zendesk but got no answer yet.

1 Like

Same issue for me. Marketplace works fine taking the moneyā€¦then hangs up my account with ā€œpurchase pendingā€ and ā€œpurchase failedā€ notifications. Huge amounts of ā€œhelp instructionsā€ all over the place, which are either not applicable or donā€™t work. Just stuck in an error loop as experienced by others. Seems a common feature with this Sim, visually appealing ā€œfacilitiesā€ which donā€™t actually work. I have only used the marketplace once before for third party software which was incomplete and second rate. I await action from Zendeskā€¦

2 Likes

I was having this issue on my pc version, and hereā€™s what worked. Logged out of Xbox app and MS Store app. Rebooted and logged back in to both apps, then opened sim. I was then able to make the purchases without issue.

1 Like

Same here, I tried everything and at Zendesk there is nobody, the office is empty.

1 Like

Have the same issue. Contacted Zendesk, nothing yet. Did contact xbox and windows support. They recommended resetting / reinstalling the game. After the download of over 120 gigs problem still persists.

That happend on my PC. Today I tried the game on the xbox. Same issue! This gameā€¦

Waiting for zendesk to get this sorted.

1 Like

For those that have contacted Zendesk and itā€™s been over a week (business days), send a DM to @Jummivana with your Zendesk ticket number.

2 Likes

I sent this to Zedesk to prompt them regarding my ticket:-
Hello Zendesk

Please indicate when I can expect my account to be unlocked from a ERROR ā€œpurchase is currently pendingā€ banner and ā€œpurchase failedā€ and ā€œpurchase pendingā€¦Switzerland Mesh purchase is pendingā€ notifications which I cannot cancel.

I cannot sign out of my account and back inā€¦the Sim restarts to the above state and then runs as normalā€¦so I cannot reset it myself, whatever your ā€œhelpā€ instructions say.

The ā€œMarketplaceā€ is locked out, on ā€œanother transaction pendingā€ā€¦

re the instructions belowā€¦

I will not supply a pdf of my bank statement on privacy grounds. (my privacy that is)ā€¦if such proof is required you can keep the payment with my compliments.

In any event the transaction will no doubt need to be cancelled and I will not attempt to use the Marketplace again.

yours etc

I received a response today and the issue is now resolvedā€¦
They are trying !

1 Like

I had this issue. Account log out did not resolve so I opened a Zendesk ticket. They resolved it promptly (within 48 hours - which I think is pretty darn good)

1 Like

Have the same problem, the sad thing is, the sale ends tomorrow šŸ„²

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m glad itā€™s being handled Iā€™m just sad cause I really wanted to fly the 777 and sale does end soon :weary:

1 Like

The CaptainSim one? Count yourself lucky! (PS welcome to the forums)

Same issueā€¦again!

Same issue

so what I did to fix this is right after I click on ā€˜Buy and Downloadā€™ button I manually open Steam overlay myself (SHIFT+TAB is default) then it gives you way to add funds via Steam Wallet and it works

emphasized textThis topic has not been solved for everyone. I do not use Steam to purchase anything from the market p[lace. I have been locked out of the market place for more than 2 months now and I am really angry that I cannot take advantage of the sales and other offerings there. I know that I can purchase almost everything direct from the developer and install them myself but that doesnā€™t repair my lockout.

I, too, have been locked out for several weeks (PC store). The first post here was last February so this problem is five months old. Apparently only a few users are impacted so this is probably a very low priority bug. It could be that this bug cannot be duplicated.

I suppose I can wait for SU10 rollout to see it there is a fix since there wasnā€™t a fix in SU9.