Marketplace purchase requires U.S. account

Hi;

I am trying to make a purchase from the Marketplace. I am located in Canada but when I go to finalize the purchase it asks for payment - I select my Mastercard card - and it requires address information-- but only allows U.S. addresses. In fact the credit card is not even recognized as a Canadian credit card. Does anyone know why this is occurring and how to fix it?

Peter

You need to put your location and language to US in your settings - then it works. I had the same problem, but doing this worked.

My system has region and location set to U.S. - but as I said I am not in the U.S. I am in Canada.

Peter

I am in exactly the same situation - including using a Mastercard - and it works for me all the time. Does your card work in the Microsoft Store (as opposed to the in-sim Marketplace)?

Yes - works everywhere in Microsoft domains - use it multiple times a month - on XBOX - which is strange because it appears FS is using xbox credntials.

OK – went back and made sure location was actually set to my actual physical location and works. Now the absolutely big problem here is some idiot at Microsoft decided that for purchase activity (from I am going to guess Flight Simulator) that everything is going to associated to the O/S configuration. Now MS should be intelligent enough to know not to allow a junior developer to be building a complex feature like this. If you think about it - credit cards are already location specific and having something on top of that over writing it is not too intelligent.

I went to my settings and found that the country setting was at Canada as well. My memory didn’t serve me well in this instance! Perhaps I too had US as the country or region - I know I had to change it to get the card to work. The bureaucracy strikes back. I’d bet that it wasn’t a junior developer who set up the financial/accounting link with Windows and Xbox.

Enough whinging (as they say in the UK), I’m glad you got things to work.

Hi. I had a similar issue that could be fixed making my OS Region match my Credit Card Location. That was fine. However, when the charge is prepared and shown in the window, it is not the amount in dollars published, i.e. 14.95 USD but also it is not the actual amount at the current exchange rate. The only reference to the currency is the “$” sign. In this case, for a 14.95 purchase it is showing a charge of “$ 208”. I’m reluctant to press the “Buy” button because I may have a charge of 208 USD that is not the cost of my desired airport scenery. Thanks

I must be missing something on this topic. I tried to purchase a plane today, and when I got to the point of entering my address, the country listed was UK and was grayed out. I checked my MS account, and I have Paypal set up with a US bank card. I also live in the US. I sure would appreciate some help.
Thanks
Pops

Hi Pops, make sure your Operating system Region setting is matching the requested location. Settings–> Time & Language–> Region. You may change it for the purchase and then change it back to your desired Region. Its safe. In your case, may be your Region in the OS is different from your PayPal account, or try also to make that setting UK to match what Pay Pal is showing you grayed.
Nothing will change but you will purchase OK. I preferred ti purchase from the Marketplace within the sim if available. Good luck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.