Massive FPS drop because of SU9

I’m not upgrading to SU9 until I see the people are happy. It’s a pity that Asobo said that there were some performance optimizations. Let’s hope that SU10 will bring better performance and a good DX12. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Same here. Noticed it first flight.

I was not in the beta. Happy to report My sim is running better than ever and I have never emptied the Community folder.

Out of boredom I deleted all photogrammetry cities from the content manager and rechecked my settings, leaving photgrammetry enabled.

I was able to move LODs back to 200 and and add traffic sliders up to 33 percent (very conservative, I could have added more but wanted to keep the main thread under 30ms at JKFK). The effect of traffic, even after deleting PG addons, is still really high compared to SU8.

I really hope the Devs are seeing this PG problem and are working to figure out why these PG addons are stacking against the CPU, even when they should not be in use at all unless you are flying over the PG areas at the time.

For now, I will be ensuring the PG addons in the content manager are deleted.

2 Likes

For me disabling or uninstalling PG makes no difference. From one minute to another I loose around 10-20 FPS and get stutters. Doesnt matter if I am in the Air or on the ground.

2 Likes

how can you do that? it makes the update as soon as you launch, so no choice.

1 Like

For me, standing stationary at Heathrow in the 747, my system has a hard time even reaching 25fps with SU9.

Sliding the TLOD slider is usually of importance and used to make big changes in CPU load.

Not this time. After reading some comments about traffic and playing with those sliders (which were already all in the 15s for me in SU8), it appears traffic of any kind has a far larger impact on CPU load after this patch, probably disproportionate even.

I don’t think the developers intended people to play the sim with nearly non-existent traffic, so I’m sure this is something they’ll work on.

It had to be said though, I do not have any stutters anymore. Previously I had decent fps, but had severe stutters every 30secs to a minute or so. Now it’s a steady, but lower frame rate.

Gain some, lose some, I guess …

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I have 80% FPS drop in A320 FBW since SU9. Consistently now runs at 2-9FPS. Prior to SU9 the machine happily flew this plane at 30fps vsync. The other plane I have flown (C172 G1000) does not have this problem with SU9.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Nothing else changed on my machine - only the update from SU8 to SU9. I was not on the SU9 beta.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

CPU and GPU are not being utilised effectively. I see ~50% CPU and ~25% GPU only even though only producing very sow FPS. CPU cores are evenly loaded. Strangely, I tried turning down all the graphics settings in General graphics, and it made very litte if any improvement to the FPS. The following screenshot shows the poor MainThread performance. There is nothing wrong with my PC hardware or OS installation. It is currenlty running other timing critical real-time software perfectly, and indeed, other planes in SU9 work fine.

2 Likes

I can not see a performance drop since SU9 with the airplanes I fly, e.g. DC-6. Also a short test-flight with the A320neo show me no strange things.

May be the common thing in that topic is these FBW Thirdpary Mod, or a ‘function’ which this mod use. This is also on what the common “coherent…” points in you screenshot.

Screenshot: A320neo ( I disabled extra my vsync max to see what I get : same cpu i7-8700K, 2080ti, 3840x1600 ) ( only OC I use is sync all cores: I not increase freq. like you :slight_smile: )

so, I can not see any kind of issue, fps are fine.

PS: still be carefully with your OC and windows restart from time to time would also be good. And thats your old topic about, or ?.. was that fixed ? 3-10fps over the ocean with perfect blue skies. Machine can do 30-50fps

same ascertainment

it is good that it performs well for you and this is the point :slightly_smiling_face:
It should run well on all pc’s, not depending on server location or coding.
Inconsistency is the issue, constant updates, instability.
Vr only here, did try pancake mode and runs fine, regular dropped frames and worse perf than su8 but runs.
When i start vr it’s not flyable and in my opinion it’s not acceptable for software that gets regular updates and advertises as Vr supported.
Tried with and without overclock as many here, all the tweaks we possibly know and only mod i use is H135 (i tried without).
Heck, usually and i know i do not get these, in menu with dev mod on and fps counter i could see the number going up to 599 ( lol ), i know they are not real fps but now when i load in same conditions it struggles to go above 350.
In flight where i was at 72 with dips at 36 with asa, i am not a 36 with dips at ow 20’s.
Very frustrated with the policy, the updates and the fact that i can’t rely on a software.

2 Likes

note: VR I not tested, because I not own VR hardware … so can’t say much about :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey no problem man, just sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Out of interest, is there a regional/location correlation to these reports? ie. Do the folks reporting this issue come from both the USA as well as Europe etc. ? Or just from the USA?

i am in the Uk, 3080 12600kf gigabyte connexion / unplayable.
My brother in France, 12600kf 3070 150 megas connexion / everything fine.
Both Vr with Quest 2.

Few more friends around the globe with different perf.

Based on your main thread latency, your settings are jacked.

Here: Stutters on final, lower end systems - #6 by Grabber523

Read this entire thread. All of the answers are in there.

1 Like

Gosh. Wow. I feel more like an it technician than a gamer right now. Well… Since the game was released. I don’t need this. I just wanna fly.

6 Likes

You sound like every simmer since the 90’s. At least since FS9 anyways. More tweaking that flying. MSFs was the sim to end that, apparently not :slight_smile:

It seems to have made no difference (for me) … I uninstalled all but the US photogrammetry cities … though interestingly, I can go right back into my saved European city flights (without reinstalling anything) … maybe if they are saved, it doesn’t make any difference … (I have about 50+ flights saved so I can jump right into the location I want and skip airport take-off, etc) …

this is not shown on my manager.
only world updates and goty 3d photogrammetry cities- thats all :see_no_evil: