Maverick Install Bug

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Nope

Brief description of the issue:

fs-base- ui-widget (current 0.1.5, Last: 0.1.6)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just installed the Update

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Current

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Why does it say you must be running version 1.25.9? Are you not running version 1.25.9?

A program can check its own version so it would make no sense otherwise…

1 Like

Version 1.25.9.0 according to the system

Close the sim, move the fs-base-ui-widgets folder out of the official packages directory, restart sim.

Thanks…Move to where exactly?

Desktop. It’s just for safe backup, rather than deleting it.

Well, did all that thanks.
On startup MSFS installed a small update and replaced the missing manifest, nothing has changed. Although I did have a look within the Manifest.json File and it definitely reports itself as version 0.1.6

I have no idea where FS is looking up the version of this widget file as everything is exactly the same as the ones it replaced.

1 Like

I, too, have the same error displayed. And I checked the files in the sub-directory which show version 0.1.6. I’ve run several Maverick and non-Maverick activities without any errors that I can see. I’m thinking this is only a problem with screen display of the package.

1 Like

If I had written the program, I would’ve called “current” package version 0.1.6 and I would not show a message to the user that version 1.25.9.0 was required if that’s the version they already have.

The way they used the terms “current” and “last” makes no sense to me.

Yes

Widgets files have indeed updated to the Maverick full set - unfortunately it seems it has it backwards, as the pic clearly shows core manifest as 0.1.6
Game is updated to 1.25.9.0
My suspicion is that the fields are the wrong way round, the old one IS 0.1.5 and the current one IS 0.1.6!

YES

I have the same issue, right after the update.

Yes

My mistake. I see why they did that now (someone else posted a full screenshot which gave me more context). The version requirement is simply part of the Top Gun DLC description.

same issue for me (fs-base- ui-widget (current 0.1.5, Last: 0.1.6) no solution for now …

2 Likes

Same issue here.
Note that I hadn’t installed SU9 and then the patch - I was offline for weeks - then got straight into the latest version. Perhaps you too?
The manifest file already reports the right version, and as reported, everything works.
Probably just a cosmetic error.

1 Like

nothing works for me: I do no see the maverick missions, no maverick menu …

1 Like

For me there are two maverick menus, one on the main screen and one under activities.

When you boot up the sim, do you see the maverick loading screens?

yes I see the 2 menus, when I click, both returns to the content manager, where I see the pack correctly installed .

1 Like

Yes

I removed the fs-base-ui-widgets folder, at the searching for updates screen, msfs downloaded the latest fs-base-ui-widget folder and its contents, but I still have this error message and nothing happens in the Dakstar challenge

1 Like