Menu Animations Disabled Even Though Turned On

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

Turned off menu animations during a previous install of windows and MSFS, now reinstalled windows and msfs and still the menu animations are gone despite it being turned on in accessibility → settings

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

disable menu animations and turn them back on

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

7950X3D, 4090, 64gb Ddr5 6000 (Nvidia driver 523.03)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Have you checked your file and folder permissions for MSFS if it’s set to read-only?

What folder exactly? I’m on a steam installation

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator is set to read-only

No, not that folder.

It would be your installation folder. I don’t have the Steam version to verify where it default installs.

But, this may help (Community Folder) location:

Copy and paste the appropriate folder location into the File Explorer address bar:

Windows Store install:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Steam install:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community

Boxed version install:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\MSFSPackages\Community

Custom install:
If you happened to use a custom location for your Flight Simulator installation, then locate the custom folder and look for the Community folder there.

Still can't find it?
  • While running MSFS do the following:
  • Go to Options / General
  • Click on Developers which you will find at the bottom of the list on the left
  • Switch Developers Mode on
  • On the Dev Menu on top select Tools > Virtual File System
  • Select Packages Folders > Open Community Folder

So basically for Steam:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator

@MichaMMA,
Do you know the folder name were Steam stores the menu options? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes that’s the location I just mentioned if I am correct. My community folder is @ C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community

Ah, OK.
From here, I don’t know where Steam stores the options.

But, you said there’s a read-only attribute on the main folder? I don’t think it should be, but someone else who has Steam can chime in.

@Hester40MT , @MetalZodiac

Some options are within the UserCfg.opt file ( %APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt ). This file should not read-only.

But I’am not sure about whether the menu-animation-setting is stored within that file. Some settings are stored remote ( steam cloud ) and can be found in folder e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxxx\1250410\remote , but these are binary files ( except of the joystick settings ). That might be the case, if the re-installation was a real-full-reinstall ( manuall cleanup of AppData etc ) and the setting was then restored from the steam cloud. I would change the option in-game and check whether some of the files are updated.

1 Like

Hi, yes seems that a lot is stored in the cloud. Is there a way to fix this? As in, how can I get rid of the cloud files. It seems to be a sync issue or something

See this FAQ:
How to delete a Steam cloud save to fix some loading issues or reset the logbook – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

2 Likes

I reinstalled msfs managed to clear the cloud save and now its back to normal, thanks for your help guys

1 Like

note: additional to the hint in FAQ, you can also see / manage your Steam-Cloud storage here:

https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage

( see also )

1 Like