MFD & PFD switch off

The mfd and pfd panel switch themselves off during flight. Can someone help me please?
Thanks.
CS

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Alternator not switched on. Electrics running on battery until they’re empty.

thanks for your advice but unfortunately the switches are both on.

Are you flying the King Air 350? If yes, switch off the starter. If you do not do, the alternator seems to be on but they aren´t because of the starter switch. Maybe this advise is valid for most of the Piston and Turboprop Aircrafts.

I recently bought FS Academy IFR (along with Navigator and VFR). I am facing same issue in IFR lessons 4 and 5 where PFD and MFD automatically shut down in about 1-2 minutes into the flight. Cannot proceed further with the lesson due to this.

Same with lesson 6 ( tried it after lesson 4, 5) that the PFD and MFD switch off on their own 1-2 minutes after flight started. How to fix this issue??

Its not the issue with FS Academy but MSFS as the sam issue of PFD and MFD Lights etc switch off couple of minutes when flight started. Can anyone guide me what to do? Thanks

This is not the solution but a link where I hope you’ll be able to look or request for support:

Thank you BUT I found out that its not the issue primarily concerning FS Academy BUT MSFS2020 itself as the PFD MFD switch off on their own after about 2 minutes of flight in free flight mode with any plane.

1 Like

Is your issue only with G1000 ? Have you done your test with an empty community folder ?

Tried with 737 and there is no such issue with Its PFD

Have you tried with the C172 G1000 and empty community folder ?

Tried C172 G1000 and issue is there. Dont know about community folder as to where its located.

Which version are you sing ? or Xbox ?

The idea is to deactivate all your addons. Usually the type of issue you are having is due to a conflict with an addon.

Installed from Discs which installed
at default location

Try to look for that path:
C:\Users[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

If you can find it, then rename your community folder like “Community_backup” and create a new one called “Community”. Prior doing that exit the sim.

C:\Users\SCS\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache (There is no folder “Packages” or “Community” here)

Again tried and found “community” folder at this path:-

C:\Users\SCS\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\Community

Found that too here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/solved-community-folder-location-for-dvd-version/177385?u=dementedcorn327

Yes Thanks found it here:

C:\Users\SCS\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\Community

renamed Community folder and created new folder (Empty) with name “Community”. Started MSFS and again tried selecting C172 G1000 BUT the same issue persists and Both PFD, MFD as well as cockpit lights turn off. Observed that when moving view inside cockpit with holding Right-mouse-button the cock-pit lights as well as PFD, MFD turn on BUT as soon as let go of right-mouse-button there is again no light !!