Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announced

No different to a 10 year marriage – few foresee a divorce at the altar ?

1 Like

i wont pay any money for FS2024
FS2020 is NOT working on xbox series x (constant CTDs) and i am not the only one with these crashes

i gave up on asobo and i dont expect them to fix the 2020 sim anytime soon (not with SU13 or any future update)

i hope FS2024 will be working on xbox, then maybe i will give it a chance with gamepass

1 Like

no you don’t do research from a aircraft on a tornado nor do you cloud seed a tornado …seriously?
and as for news you tube search aerial footage tornado you wont find any i wonder why

Regarding this “10 years” thing, the first time I have found this mentioned so far but I only just started digging, was from 14/08/2020, the first Developer Q&A:

3:43

we are planning on working on this for for a long time we always say 10 years but hopefully it’s longer

This now means:

I don’t see a conspiracy here. Flight Simulator itself will be supported for long to come, even if it is in the guise of new versions. Which can only be a good thing. I don’t want to be flying what we have now 10 years from now, I want to be flying something better! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

i do think they are working on this for 10 years but i think most of us assumed progressive updates like we been having i’m not sure anyone thought it would involve multiple releases

It’s unrealistic to think we would only ever see one simulator version over 10 years time. X-Plane didn’t do that, neither did P3D.

2 Likes

Right but is an assumption… they never say that… people perhaps took the context wrong… if you see the second video, what Jorg clearly means is, he wants to re-assure people the franchise will not be abandoned… and they haven’t…

R.

5 Likes

yes i agree and whether that assumption was right or wrong i think a lot of us made it. In all the time i been flying i don’t think i ever heard anyone mention a future release even when trailer came out most thought of it as a DLC. I think that’s why it floored most people

I’ll try to dig out the exact quote, but the intent of his words was “we aren’t going anywhere this time”.

Maybe for the same reason that every Ground Crew is wearing Sun Glasses, even at night…

Actually, the reason is, that all the ground crew are both Deaf & Blind.

They do not hear your aircraft, and will walk right into it, without hesitation.

How do I know they are blind – I once saw one without their sun glasses on

Tug-1

3 Likes

Time will indeed tell. I wonder how many third party developers will be carrying on as normal given that asobo and some developers say they SHOULD be compatible. Can they afford the publicity of additional content not being compatible or will they now withdraw into their shell and wait for the new born.

Q: What’s the difference between going from FS2004 to FSX and going from FS2000 to FS2024?

A: The player.

Why in the world would anyone expect they’d keep working on the same sim and not expect us to shell out a little extra every 3 or 4 years.?.? Even X-Plane has paid generational releases.

Those complaining about the upgrade, expect too much.

EDIT:
If you bought the Deluxe version for $169 (?) and enjoyed this sim for 4 or 5 years (and they’ve stated that you’ll be able to keep playing 2020 after 24’s release) that’s what, $40 or so dollars a YEAR?

I spent that in quarters playing Mortal Kombat as a broke teenager over the course of a couple weeks.

4 Likes

Indeed, he talks about with regards to 2006, when Microsoft basically abandoned flight simulator. What I hear him saying is that this revival if you will of msfs is not just a one off thing but something they plan for the longer run. Which doesn’t exclude new versions. If a new version is required to fix basic problems in the current sim then I am willing to support them.

4 Likes

But such things are done IRL

It will be fun doing this in the game :smiley:

7 Likes

There are news stations which track tornadoes by Helicopter. This would be a fun things to try. They tend to stay out of the storm itself due to the obvious risk, storms which produce Tornadoes tend to be isolated in nature making it possible. Tornado development in Oklahoma captured on chopper video - YouTube

Yeah, they do

https://twitter.com/NOAANSSL/status/1134532358722506752?t=zWS4z87_a5v8zhCMA2L3Iw&s=19

6 Likes

ah you are talking sales. I thought you were talking profit.

1 Like

Lots… actually think about it for a minute…
I have no issues with incremental updates some of which need to be paid for

yes if many ‘bugs’ require extensive rewrites.

ok fair point that’s pretty awesome

1 Like