Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Pre-Order Bonus: De Havilland Canada CL-415

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback about the De Havilland Canada CL-415, available now in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) if you pre-order Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

If you have any bugs related to this plane to report, please create a new thread in the Bug Reports & Wishlist section of the forum with the tag #canadair-cl-415.

4 Likes

Really love the handling of the plane - feels weighty, realistic and something that needs a lot of training to master. The visuals are top notch! Love it! The only critique is the lack of a manual or tutorial at least to start up from cold and dark and basic operation.

6 Likes

pre-ordered 2024 but De Haviland has not shown up in 2020 in either marketplace or content manager

How long ago did you order?

ordered today about 2 hours ago. thanks for your support

It was originally stated that it can take up to two business days to arrive in your Content Manager.
I haven’t heard any official change to that as yet!

2 Likes

No notice of when it gets into content manager.
I kept checking and it showed up within 2 days.
Do not know how long it was there.
Good luck.

2 Likes

I’ve noted a few oddities:

• First load often has nearly no fuel in right tank, restarting flight fixes this
  • Landing gear lever red handle lights lit when aircraft has no power
  • Glareshield light doesn’t illuminate (this appears to be swapped with the Flood light switch)
  • Occasionally LEFT landing gear green light non-op when spawning C&D. Fails ANNUN TEST, too. Light illuminates upon aircraft leaving the ground
  • Amber strobe light switch “ON” annunciator is not illuminating when strobe lights are toggled on (annunciator illuminates with ANNUN TEST switch on)
  • Engine low pressure lights go out when pumps are on, but valve annunciators indicate a closed state (seems physically impossible based on light/flow diagram)
  • Main Bus 1 OFF annunciator illuminates when Gen 1 is turned on
  • Whiskey compass when moving from 359° to 0° or 0° to 359° compass card does a full clockwise/anti-clockwise 360° rotation to reach 0° or 359° respectively
  • Propeller Control Prop Pitch Range GND annunciators illuminate when throttles are ~80-100%. Wouldn’t GND range be illuminated when in Ground Idle (Beta) throttle range?
  • When starting engines NP can sometimes reach extremely high (400+) ranges and other times only reach 70-80 prior to introducing fuel via the condition/prop levers. This is wildly inconsistent.

Anyone else seeing these sorts of behaviors?

EDIT:

I’d also like to see the MSFS supplied aircraft shift towards pre-flight configuration realism.

For example, I’d like to spawn C&D with the:

• AUX Hydraulic Pump OFF
  • Surface (Gust) Lock ON.

More things of this nature, please!

9 Likes

Is there a master thread for CL-415 now that many people have tried it? I also found that some of the switches are reversed, for example the water drop arm switch move down when clicking up, and the propeller feature switches do the same.

Also, there seems to be no flight idle gate in this plane. It is really difficult to slowdown in FI, just like the ATR.

1 Like

One “issue” for me, is the too much obscure windshields for Virtual Reality and my HP G2, maybe other new VR HMDs that have more nits, it does not matter?.

Cripes Nixon you are a QC wizard!

3 Likes

It was my job. I can’t not see these things. It’s absolutely impossible for me.

6 Likes

It has been two days, two business days since I ordered and I have not seen it yet show up in content manager.

I couldn’t find a way to bind the probe or water doors/drop buttons or switches.

Seems there may be more native commands in 2024, but there weren’t any commands that match the tooltips.

Go to this thread, see SeedyL’s post and enter the info.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/where-is-dehaviland-canada-cl-415/655573

Hi @belatu42

I noticed that too, and I think you are correct - there will be more commands for these & other new functionalities in 2024.

1 Like

I think my patience is being tested: I ordered on the 19th and it’s the 24th, that means 5 days and not yet received the CL-415.

Same for me. Nothing shows up. I sentb an e-mail to Aerosoft.

Technically, 2.5 business days…

Same situation : ordered 20th - 4 days now (P. Deluxe Edition - pré-order Store - Microsoft Flight Simulator)
me too not yet received the CL-415 !

same for one of my friends - 5 days now !

This is not normal !