Microsoft Flight Simulator Presentation at FlightSimExpo 2023

If you were not able to watch the session live, the MSFS team’s presentation at FlightSimExpo 2023 is now available on YouTube. Please use this topic to share your feedback from today’s presentation.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

35 Likes

I cannot wait to see more about MSFS 2024 as further development is revealed to us.

It really sounds like a monumental amount of fidelity change and that is going to be incredible for us all.

It is so good to see this sim alive and well supported.

(Jörg is awesome. I love his candid ways.)

29 Likes

We want more, we are hungry about MSFS2024 :rofl:
When it’s the next development update for MSFS2024? :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

2024 looks incredible with all this new tech, great presentation and I eagerly await more details in the coming months!

That said MSFS team, is there a possibility you can release at least the screenshots used in the presentation deck in increased resolution?

1 Like

Which ones do you mean? Most of the footage were stills from the trailer, the videos were inside the current sim to test the new improvements and some pictures were just real life photos as they talked about features (like improved storms) it seems…

1 Like

So I’m talking about these at the timestamps below for example, those are in-sim shots I believe:

Nope, they are not.

(Source

3 Likes

How do you know that for a fact?

Super exciting! Thanks so much! This really is just the beginning!

2 Likes

Overall looks + Google Lense analysis of a screenshot I took :wink:
This will point you to the photo, just like above.

1 Like

Oh I see, so those smaller pics of 4 per slide in the deck are all IRL shots to illustrate their points then… ok cool. So no new visuals shown in addition to the initial trailer that you spotted?

1 Like

I did not check all pics from these slides but I did not discover anything that to me looked like new in sim footage besides the terrain showcase from Jörg about the “evolution” of the new terrain detail handling.

1 Like

Ok so that means the one in the top left with icebergs and great clouds is also a photo. roight!

so…is there free flight? yes or no?

Yes as otherwise “you can start everywhere” would not have made any sense as well as building a digital twin of earth. They just could have done specific places if it was just about missions and career :wink:

well, you do have a good point there! Plus, even MS Flight had free flight.

1 Like

Basically the whole franchise was about flying free in first place, so this won’t change more than likely. Also it would be hard to integrate addon aircraft if that part would have been cut :wink:

4 Likes

Shhhh! You’re going to upset the horses (i.e. neigh sayers) with that logic!

4 Likes

I know they read the forums.

MSFS team and Asobo team, thank you.

You guys are amazing really thank you much love from Aruba, caribbean.

22 Likes

Is anyone else having trouble with the audio? It’s really weird, I can’t make out what’s being said, it’s cracking and low volume, IDK. I thought my headphones were broken for a sec.

My only disappointment now about MSFS2024 is that it isn’t MSFS2023 :laughing:

12 Likes