Microsoft Flight Simulator will run at 30fps on consoles (more on TVs supporting Variable Refresh Rate)

8 Likes

4 Likes

I’m on i9-9900K and RTX 2080 Ti, and I’m running on 30 fps anyway…

8 Likes

Hehe, me too. Even if it could go to 40-60, depending on plane and area. I prefer the smoothness of a locked framerate. So, this in not a bad thing. But it brings the “4K60 ULTRA” expectations from some peoples to reality. I was expecting that.

9 Likes

I am on an i9900KF, 32Gb RAM and RTX3080 and I get 15 fps with stutters when approaching large airports.
What kind of black magic are they using on the Xbox?

4 Likes

10850k, RTX3070 32gb, near 30fps on large airports/cities. something goes wrong with your PC.
(oh, perhaps it is because i use small GA aircraft. liners are fps killer with their glass screen)

2 Likes

That seems most likely it, I do get 30 fps when using the PA28R, but not on ANY of the airliners, not even the CRJ, which is the one with the best performance.

It is not my PC’s fault, I am currently using 2 PCs with a similar build (I got one from NVIDIA in order to make a review in my youtube channel) and I get almost the same performance in both of them.

1 Like

not black magic, with dx12 its easier to spread the load over the cores, so less stutters.
besides there are more optimisations.
when it gets to pc, these optimisations, you are going to be pleasantly surprised.

4 Likes

They will have optimized the Xbox version to its specific hardware set.
Some optimisations will hopefully bleed over to PC but as Xbox is pretty much an AMD machine top to bottom I do wonder if Intel/Nvidia users will see as many benefits.

4 Likes

Why are we assuming it’s a stable 30fps? It could still be dropping to 10fps on approach same as or worse than on PC’s.

8 Likes

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discussion-e3-announcement/409464/315

1 Like

I agree and I hope that is the case, I am really hyped for this update, I just hope PC players are not let down.

The bottleneck is the processor, not the graphic card, I get almost the same fps with my RTX2070 SUPER than with my RTX 3080, limited by main threadm while other threads are barely used.
Dx12 should improve this afaik.

2 Likes

not black magic but preset graphics settings on medium. Did anyone say the xbox version would be running in high/ultra?

I followed this topic, and it solved my CPU bottleneck. Maybe this could help you too.

If you got 15 fos with your setup your computer has some serious issues, check your nvidia drivers, check your settings within msfs and make sure your power management settings in win are on high performance,

As I said it is not a problem with my computer, I have done benchmarks with other PCs I have at my disposal due to work reasons, and the benchmarks I see in youtube from other users show the same results. Landing in New York or Charles de Gaulle in ultra graphics with 30 fps is plainly impossible.

1 Like

Then you are probably running 4k at ultra settings and LOD settings maxed out.
The Xbox probably isn’t.

2 Likes

Actually, no… 4K HDR yes, but combinations of Medium-High with LOD at 100.

That’s strange. That’s not anywhere near the performance you should get. Thermal issues maybe?