Milviz 80-R-72 WIP Previews

while In JS/HTML you just need…the huge fps killer coherentGT

3 Likes

And with that… back on topic please.

We do not “yet” have any new pics we’re willing to share.

2 Likes

Or they could have written it so it works…

1 Like

Could we have some soons please. The community would appreciate it. Also the discord is dead, no updates on there from anyone.

2 Likes

It’ll be coming “soon”

:slight_smile:

"HTML/JS and it’s renderers are superior when it comes to 2D graphic rendering. "

Easier? Perhaps. Superior? Lol no.

There’s a reason C++ is the de facto language for any game or graphics intensive project.

“You can get a lot done very quickly in a simple standard way without the need for compiling and which is known by a great deal of people.”

This makes it good for rapid prototyping. It does not make it suitable for an environment such as a high-performance, high fidelity, simulator. The goal is not speed of development, but system performance.

3 Likes

Can you guys talk about this in private messages or another thread? It has been asked multiple times now.

I keep expecting updates on the ATR and just see redundant discussions about things the devs have already made clear.

14 Likes

Any news? So excited for this!

1 Like

I think everyone here is curious about the ATR but I’m also sure that MILVIZ will share any news when they feel the time is right :wink:

2 Likes

Just avionics …

29 Likes

As someone who has taken the task of writing a hardware accelerated 2D graphics API from scratch which has nearly double the performance of NanoVG in many areas and provides flexibility in supporting far more than just 2D vector but high performance raster and mixing of 3D and 2D, nope, HTML and JS actually limits us more than helps. I’ll clarify that my setup is not exactly pure C++ (there are shaders involved as with anything GPU related), but the way we are sandboxed is not helping us achieve what we desire.

6 Likes

Does this have anything to do with the MilViz ATR?

2 Likes

Yes actually, it does. though @MVJBSA isn’t supposed to talk about that stuff.

In order to guarantee good frame rates… we can’t use the default systems…. Not with everything else that’s going on.

So… we had to find a way…

5 Likes

This is the way…

1 Like

Milviz did a ‘state of the sim’ video speaking about the progress of the ATR from about 8 mins 30 seconds in:

4 Likes

Man, it sucks that Asobo made it so restricted for the third party developers. What’s the point of that? Or is it just that Asobo is an inexperienced company when it comes to simulators?

So, what is the conclusion? Delays ahead, or good news?

They are moving ahead but it’s not delayed as they didn’t give a date

Asobo were probably forced to implement every DRM restriction 2020 had to offer into their software. They only do what they are told to and release what they are allowed to release.

1 Like

Ok so now I’m really impressed by the statement from Jörg in todays Q&A session. He said the Asobo ATR will be “expert level” whatever this means because until now not any of the released Asobo planes is near expert or study level. They are very simple in terms of systems. So maybe there will be at least some competition to the MILVIZ version :wink:
Ok to be honest I’m not that much impressed by the statement because Hans Hartmann is working on the aircraft and he is not known for doing basic stuff. He comes in when serious system simulation is needed/planned like we have in the Aerosoft CRJ :smiley:

1 Like