Milviz C310R Official Thread

There’s a Kap140 mod on GitHub. Perhaps try that out.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s not the 310R, my MR tanked a few month back (rtx3080ti + 12900), I’m not sure if it was WMR, or a change to OpenXR toolkit as they both updated within a day of each other. I’m see 32 above London and 38 - 44 else where, all live

MR is working absolutely fine in all other planes I regularly fly.

It’s exclusively an issue in the 310 for me. Though, lowering texture resolution per @OneMoreBulleit suggestion, did work…I just don’t understand why. A 3080 should push ultra textures no problem, and does in every other plane. It’s very strange.

** Disclaimer - We are off topic regarding the C310R, and the following is only my expereince / opinion.**

Like @TONYDARKZERO said, I don’t think this issue has anything to do with the C310R, per se. I, too, suffered a strange change in performance back in Feb 2022. I can’t blame it on a WU or SU. It happened around the time of a bunch of Windows and MWR updates. Without boring everyone with details, I did a bunch of tinkering with settings and various 3rd party addons and have settled on the belief that texture resolution is the prime culprit for performance issues, especially for VR with Motion Reprojection.

I also don’t think this is a GPU issue, so your 3080 is likely not the problem nor is a better graphics card the “solution.” It is my belief that high texture resolution in combination with motion reprojection is far too CPU intensive. It is the CPU (i.e. limited by main thread) load that is causing the stutter fest, and the world’s fasted GPU won’t overcome this.

So, why do you see a difference with the C310R? Well… to quote straight from Milvis’ website, the C310 includes “beautiful 4K/8K textures.” It is my belief that these 4 and 8K textures are way too high for practical purposes. I have read elsewhere that MSFS’s native textures are 2K. (I can’t verify this; I just recall reading it somewhere. If someone knows the actual answer, I’d love to hear it.) I believe that 3rd party developers’ use of 4K+ textures create an imbalance.

I don’t blame Milviz, nor any other 3rd party developer for that matter, for including these high resolution PBR textures. I blame the consumer. I blame us! Far too many people clamor about texture resolution, and when 3rd party developers don’t include / highlight them, the consumer complains. I don’t get why.

I did not purchase Microsoft Texture Simulator. Frankly, I can’t tell the difference between 2K, 4K, or 8K textures, especially within a VR headset. I also don’t find myself staring at the grain of the leather seat I’m virtually sitting on. Nor staring at the grit on the tires under the airframe I’m flying.

I purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator. I want smooth flight and am not concerned about super high resolution eye candy. So I’ve settled with “lower” texture resolution, and I, personally, 100% cannot complain about it. I get buttery smooth VR with MR enabled on my i10700K, Nvidia 3070FE, and HP G2. I get good performance because I’m not trying to push inconsequential settings to performance-sapping levels.

The C310R is by far one of the very best planes in my hanger. I absolutely look forward to every flight in her. Especially in VR. :slight_smile:

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

This is true. Asobo uses a maximum resolution of 2048 x 2048 for their default aircraft textures. Justflight uses 1024x1024 for their arrows. Not sure about the other aircraft.

1 Like

Bingo! We, the consumer, need to stop demanding textures that don’t perform well and don’t add to the overall experience. Although I think this idea would be too hard for developers to provide, I’d love to see developers offer texture resolution options for their products. I’ll choose the 2K version time and again! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They did that for performance reasons, and as expected people do complain about them.

Maybe sitting a meter from a 4K big TV as a monitor or something, resolutions less than 4K just ARE problematic, no idea as persoanlly I use a 32" 2K monitor.

However I suspect some of the issue is just too may YouTube reviewers zooming in on obscure parts of the cockpit such as under the pilots seat (where you never look) or in the wheel wells - creating unreasonable expectations.

5 Likes

the reason we use such high quality maps is because many people, and not just YT’ers or influencers, zoom into unrealistic distances (so close your eyelashes would be touching the panels) or, as you say, under the seats… and then they complain that this plane has better res textures than that one etc etc…

Oh, I couldn’t see rivet x on plane b but on plane a, it’s there… in all it’s perfect, pristine detail… (and then, they never even go and look at that rivet again…)

It’s crazy… but, we have to account for that.

So, we have considered offering a lower resolution texture pack… it’s on the table.

21 Likes

Great response and I totally understand that.

Gotta say I’ve never noticed that JF are using lower textures but I guess that’s because I’m only on a 1080p monitor

A lower texture option would be fantastic! Every FPS counts

2 Likes

Got to say I have not noticed the 310 giving me any less FPS than any other plane.

My Rig

Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on 4/‎26/‎2022
OS build 226.16.100
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.588.0

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super with 32g memory
G Sync Monitor: Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - S2721DGF
Reverb 2

Internet Speed
230.9 Mbps download
32.5 Mbps upload

For VR my render scaling = 80 I get 18-25

The person who is having FPS issues is using not only VR (which, effectively, cuts your FPS by about a 3rd) but is also using MR… which chops it again, if the textures are large… which, they are.

I have three monitors, two 1080 and one 4k and have good FPS with all set to max. I am also not limited by main thread with CPU @30% and GPU@90%. Also no stutters or blurring.
Just completed my first flight in the 310 and I am loving it,

Did you perhaps try to capture the glideslope before the localizer? You need to be Localizer established before you can capture the glideslope. Some glide slopes in MSFS are wrong, ending up at wrong places, leveling off above the runway instead of continuing to the ground. Could that have an effect?

1 Like

That seems to be what I did in my first full flight, I am new to the 310 and using the pms 750 for the first time I did not know how to catch the glide slope and hand flew the last section. Could you let me know how to check it out and use it, or quote a reference. Please.

I’m not familiar with the C310 but when using approach mode or equivalent, make sure there is sufficient distance to capture the Localizer first before capturing the glideslope, vice versa is likely locked.

Sure will. It is new to me but every little helps.

Pitfalls of buying a 310 that has not flown in 40 years …

Apart from being alive, was the Localizer captured? Otherwise it likely prohibits intercepting glide slope.