Milviz C310R Official Thread

Thanks. My name is Dutch (a nickname) and this FurtiveRobin thing is something that MS assigned to me. I suppose I can change it?

I know it’s been a long time. But you’re right – we’re not aiming to deliver just another light twin for MSFS here. We’re aiming much higher.

We have several real-world 310 pilots including a former CFI testing and correcting us on flight dynamics. What they say, we do. It isn’t easy and it takes time. The result will be an accurate flight model.

The systems depth is absolute. Every switch, dial and light in the cockpit works and does its job. If you enable failures, anything can fail. If you enable engine realism, we simulate the engine to the cylinder level. Even the heater/ventilation system works…there’s a passenger comfort index on the EFB and if you fly professionally and keep the temps right you’ll keep it in the green for happy PAX.

All this takes time to get right. But as I’ve said before, we don’t settle for being second best. I think it’ll be worth it, but you’ll be the judge.

Dutch

19 Likes

I suppose a few pictures wouldn’t hurt. Remember these are preliminary and things could change.

WIP - MV 310R Main Panel

WIP - MV 310R EFB Options Page

WIP - MV 310R EFB Inspection/Status Page

14 Likes

Looks great, and love to hear about the system depth. Day one for me!

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to this thread. My C310 Redux in P3D is so used up, it’s starting to look ugly compared to the TBM 930 in MSFS. :smile:

Way back when I first read about the MSFS 310 in Facebook, I think I read that the circuit breakers in the MSFS will work. I’m hoping that the plane will also gets a fully functional EDM 700, the weather radar is included or is an option, and the fuel selector fixed.

Probably, maybe, probably not and yes

1 Like

Detailed reply to your questions.

Circuit breakers: all are fully functional, and if failures are turned on circuits can fail and cause breakers to pop – both transient and permanent circuit failure.

The EDM-800s will initially be at about 80% of the full functionality of a real-world unit. We may expand that later. We track cylinder health (and it affects performance) so the 800s will be showing useful information per cylinder.

There isn’t a realistic Wx radar in MSFS for anyone right now as the detailed weather info isn’t available and important functions are missing like the ability to tilt the cone. When Asobo fixes these issues it’s possible we’ll add the radar. Not right now though.

The fuel selectors work properly and the 310’s fuel return system is simulated accurately.

Dutch

7 Likes

Yes, you can - on your xbox account, if memory serves me well…

Your work looks superb! I am really looking forward to buy it.
May I suggest you to develop a Garmin G5 as an another avionic option in a future update?

Thank you on behalf of the whole team. At least seven people have or are working on it now.

Don’t be surprised if you see a G5 option on the release version. It’s being worked on.

4 Likes

Will this be available in Marketplace and elsewhere? I got money parked in Justflight.com (from a refund for something else) waiting for the 310. :slight_smile:

I don’t mind paying full price for all the new work but nonetheless I’m wondering if you’ll offer discounts for previous owners in other platforms.

Those questions are all above my pay grade, but I’m sure you’ll get an answer here soon from an appropriate source.

@FurtiveRobin142

Thanks. My name is Dutch (a nickname) and this FurtiveRobin thing is something that MS assigned to me. I suppose I can change it?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag

The intention is to release it on our store initially… after the first month or so, it will go on the marketplace but, unfortunately, not on xbox (at least until MS/Asobo deal with their DRM issue).

If you buy it off of our store, we will offer a 10$ off for existing customers (direct buy) of the 310 and 5$ off for any MV direct customer.

If you buy it off the marketplace, as they don’t allow for discounts… Sorry but no.

1 Like

Nice. Can’t wait for release on this one!

Glad to hear!

Thanks for that link. But I changed my GamerTag from FurtiveRobin142 to Dutch727 the same day I set up my account, and that’s what it shows my GamerTag to be right now.

I don’t know why FurtiveRobin re-appeared when I start posting here, which was probably months after I set up the GamerTag.

Dutch

Try logging out and back in to the forum.

Super-anxious to get this! The second actual plane I ever took the controls of was a Cessna 310. Right after college I’d started as an editor at Compute! Magazine, and SubLogic flew down in their 310 to show us Flight Assignment: ATP. (For the kids in the forum. SubLogic actually developed Flight Simulator; Microsoft bought the rights to releasing on MS-DOS and doing further PC development.)

So i’m excited to relive that 1990 flight from KGSO!

2 Likes

That is all sorts of awesome. Definitely on my purchase list now.

Also disappointed that you’re not actually a small songbird guiltily trying to hide something.

2 Likes

Any chance for integration with the pms gtn750?