Milviz C310R Official Thread

Thanks a lot! Will watch it tomorrow morning :slight_smile:
Regarding the C or F: it might be a bug but when I change from F to C the F stays illuminated

Howdy all.

Love the plane great job. Clocked a few hours already.
1 thing i find annoying is how light the elevator feels. Slightest input and away she goes.
The JF planes have the elevator feel spot on.

Sounds are great and looks good.

One thing i would like is a proper old school radio and the newer flight sim radios. (No o dont mean gps) the real old school pre 8.33 channel radios.

Super job by milvis.
The random sticker that you ca have on the door is a nice touch.

1 Like

I love it, but my only gripe is that I wish they would animate the passengers a bit, even if they just blinked… Its like flying around with my RealDoll™ collection in the back…. lol :wink:

3 Likes

Agreed! Looks much better.

1 Like

You have to get rid/disable the pms50 gtn750 from the community folder to make the tds work.
Had the same problem but this thread further up helped. It’s also in the manual…

1 Like

ah thanks! I was planning to read manual tonight - that will teach me to be too keen.

In the spirit of constructive bug reporting… in the 1st few minutes of 1st flight …

C310-22C
(would be 100% me, if it had my headset !!)

(1) AP does not lock to VS when turned on ( Common, Easy 30 sec fix : systems.cfg default_pitch_mode = 3 ( Not 1)

(2) Alternator R Breaker - Model animation defaulting to Alternator L Breaker Only
ie cannot pull right breaker - seems to pull left instead.
Seems to be a Mouse Click area definition Bug for the right Alternator Breaker ?

(3) GTN750 Mode … GPS breakers do not control power to the GTN750 … maybe they should if the GTN750 was fitted as a retrofit ?

(4) Clock Breaker does not un-power the clock,

(5) Clock adjustment knob , only moves hour hand, and in large steps

(6) AP - ILS – very “loose” - does not track well on either Loc or GS ( Pids badly setup !)
(Just updated PIDS, and now its rock steady, locked to both LOC & GS )

3 Likes

Small note on landings - streamed the a/c for someone looking to review it, so deliberately misbehaved a bit. Flaps up/125kts landing, the aircraft did bounce so it’s not magically sticking, it’s just got very good gear. It might be good if we got some more feedback of touching down though - we only have what we see & hear to go on, so a little vertical movement might make it feel better for people.

1 Like

You should be full RPM/Prop for landing.

2 Likes

Doesn’t work for me. There is this hack floating around the forums to use “toggle feather” and “decrease prop” together, but that feathers both engines no matter which detent button is triggered. In other planes, you can manually drag the rpm lever into feather position using your mouse, but that doesn’t work here either?!?

Try binding toggle feather switch 1 and 2 to the throttle detent button instead.

For those of you, who want the clean C310R to look like it was just freshly polished I just uploaded a little mod that will accomodate you. The interior and wear on the outside will not be affected.

Of course you can still make your C310R look dirty and filthy. It will just look as if the last paint job was only a few years ago, and not a few decades :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Check out ‘Where Are My Aircraft’ by Lorby. Still early dev for FS2020 but saves where you are.

1 Like

Anyone manage to get a prop to stop rotating when fully feathered …

( almost, but not quite – still turning slowly, even close to stall )

Update: managed to on 2nd Attempt -( Pilot error ) - I am happy now !!

Just to let you know, I took the bait and looked up your reference. I am still laughing!

1 Like

You need to feather it properly. You’re supposed to be able to do that by pulling the prop back all the way. If that doesn’t work, try binding a button or key to the toggle feather switch 1 (left engine) or 2 (right engine). Pressing that key should feather your prop and it should stop without having to lose any airspeed.

The 310 doesn’t seem to have the detent, even with a normal axis binding pulling the lever to 0% puts you into the feathering range.

1 Like

I noticed this aircraft uses the new prop model which is awesome. Hopefully they’re looking to implement the cfd reinjection and soft body physics at some point.

How exactly did you finally get that to work? I went through an in-air shutdown and tried to feather and it wouldnt stop rotating until I landed and reached about 50knots.

I got it feathered on the 2nd attempt … 1st time I now I did it wrong … my bad … but I did end up doing text book One engine out engine landing :hear_no_evil:

1 Like