Milviz C310R Official Thread

I disagree with you that it feels light. To me, it feels proper heavy and it takes a while to slow down if you don’t just chop the power (which you aren’t supposed to do). Maybe set up a curve for your yoke to help tame the pitch axis a bit.

3 Likes

Stick - and I fly ( DCS ) helicopters with it, so I’ve got the muscle memory for light movements. I’m not commenting on the flight characteristics, just that - subjectively - it feels lighter than… expected, I guess. I might get used to it & it feels right, or it might nag at me forever, we’ll see.

I should point out sim feel is always subjective - I have worked on feel professionally for a bit ( don’t read too much into that, it was a passing job :stuck_out_tongue: ) and hardly anyone could agree even then!

Btw: thankyou for letting me activate this outside of the community directory ( are you listening JustFlight! ).

A2A has had this for years so not really ground-breaking, but a great feature nonetheless.

Hello everybody,
I bought the 310 2 hours ago, but the sim CTD during loading of the flight.
Tried the same location with different aircraft and all work normally. But the 310 doesnt load.
I have tried to reboot PC, cancel the aircraft from windows app, re-install it. Same problem.
Tried to download it again and re-install (without any antivirus and running as administrator), community folder empty (just the 310) and same problem.
Somebody know why is doing that? Who can i contact for help?
Thank you so much

Ah, well I understand in that case. I’m using a Honeycomb Alpha which has a reputation for stiff pitch axis, that probably helps with the heaviness.

1 Like

Yes, and 5 years from now when A2A finally releases an aircraft for MSFS it will probably be great, but in the meantime, I’m VERY happy Milviz has already done it.

11 Likes

To follow up - solved my U/S radio nav issue by deleting all the customisation files for that aircraft reg - slightly annoying given it deleted all it’s flight history, but it fixed the problem. Overhaul via the tablet didn’t.

Yes, is in the works. I expect it to be ready at the weekend.

3 Likes

…delete your rolling-cache if you have one set up.

Have just run first flight, IFR/ILS Glasgow to Edinburgh.
Had no problems with the dual TDS GTNXI installed. No input delays, took the waypoints ok.
However - could not lock on to the ILS glide slope despite using Nav1 & Loc settings that worked in the C414.
Overall I like the aircraft. It feels solid & hand fly’s, [for me], better than the C414, where I get ‘porpoiseing’ & elevator twitching sometimes.
Sounds are very good. Landings are interesting.
TG

1 Like

You pretty much summed it up. 310 has the edge at the moment on sounds (414 is getting new ones pretty quick here thankfully). 414 has more gauges to utilize however the vor 2 and rmi is hardly necessary with dual GTN’s (my preference is the TDS GTN 750Xi). The original 414 didn’t have all the fancy GPS equipment which is why it has the other VOR and RMI gauges. 310 also has the edge on flight dynamics - Milviz just nailed it! Carry a bit of power on landing otherwise the thin wing will get you into trouble at lower speeds even with flaps. The maintenance and ownership / failures on the 310 is impressive. IMO the 310 is the most detailed GA yet. I admit though I tend to gravitate towards the 414 because it flies a bit faster once you climb above 10k (it’s turbocharged and pressurized).

I can’t decide between the two - so it’s both if you can swing it!

3 Likes

Completely agree, except for the last part “landings are interesting”. The landings are almost a dealbreaker for me. The aircraft is just being sucked onto the runway. No noticeable compression and hence no rebound.

1 Like

My experience this morning was one circuit in the pattern at my local aerodrome flying in VR.

(I am also a newbie to the VR world, so things were very very new to me.)

I have one very short word for the experience: wow!

I think I’ll learn the C310 in “pancake” mode until things get settled down for me in the VR world.

From what I’ve seen so far, this is bound to be among the very best of the best models released to date.

EDIT: reading through this thread, I see some comments about the way the C310 lands. FWIW, in the little circuit I flew this morning, all was flown by hand and power was never out of the green arc. Prop levers moved just a “tad” from full fine. I only used two “notches” of flaps and came over the “piano keys” right below blueline speed. Pulled power back gently and, if I do say so myself, I nailed the landing! :slight_smile:

What a nice aircraft!

4 Likes

I tested ILS again, this time into 27L at KPHL.
It caught the glide slope & I managed to get the speed down sooner, [pulled a lot of RPM out], & it came in & basically autolanded at around 108 kias.
Very smooth landing.
I suspect the trick is to find a landing speed you are comfortable with then juggle the throttles [after reducing RPM ] & use minimal flaps to fine tune the speed.
But hold the speed all the way in during a long flat approach, so that you fly onto the runway, & forget about trying to flair on to the mains then easing the nose down.
Flat 3 pointer seems to work when you have the speed sorted.
TG

Watch some videos of 310Pilot on YouTube. That seems to be the way the Cessna 310 lands. I think it’s very realistic.

2 Likes

It’s exactly the way it lands. 3 c310r pilots worked with us on this, one of whom is also an A380 pilot. I’d think they’d have told us if it was wrong… (in fact, that’s exactly what they did… many MANY times…)

13 Likes

What’s groundbreaking is the rental feature. Some of us asked A2A for that for years but they never developed it. Glad to see it finally make its debut.

2 Likes

The EDM’s certainly can be changed between degrees C and F. A good tutorial video was put out a few weeks ago by the lead developer that shows it’s functionality:

1 Like

Hi

Flew the C310 yesterday and the TDS was non responsive…tried again today and its still not reposnsive.
Can “log in” but cant select any of the on screen buttons except emergency…anyone getting this?

I don’t have a problem landing it smoothly. It just feels way to static for my taste.