Milviz C310R Official Thread

The EDM gauge in the 310 is a partial implementation of the real thing. We do everything except pilot programming and lean find. We may add those before release, at least lean find, but that’s not a promise. The essential stuff you need to monitor the health of your engine is there, and in the 310, if you have engine realism, failures, and wear & tear features turned on, you need to pay attention to your engines’ health.

Each bar is the EGT and CHT of each cylinder. The lower part below the break is CHT, the upper part is EGT. It’s not faked in our 310 – we track the condition of each cylinder and spark plug in both engines and what you see on the gauge reflects the health of the individual cylinder. Unusually higher temps or lower temps are not good. If your illustration were from the Milviz 310, I’d keep an eye on cylinder number 6, it’s significantly higher than the others. That would be done by pressing the left-hand button to stop the automatic mode, then pressing the button again to step through each cycle until cylinder 6 of this engine is held. To resume the automatic mode, press the right button.

Hope that helps to explain a little,
Dutch

4 Likes

It’s related to how performance and handling is affected by the loss of an engine. By default the sim doesn’t simulate this very realistically. You can try out most other twins currently out and you’ll see they are much too forgiving on one engine – even in many cases you can take off and get airborne on a single engine without feathering the dead one!

We are working to give you the authentic dangers of engine failure at low speed in the 310, based on what our experienced 310 pilots tell us. The sim’s limitations need to be overcome for us to do this. I feel they will be. We’re almost there now.

Dutch

6 Likes

Well sounds like it’s worth the wait. So, will mixture and cowl flaps effect the CHT and EGT? (Forgive me but I don’t remember if the 310 has cowl flaps). How about shock cooling from quickly descending at idle? Will the pop out landing lights add drag like the real thing? All little things that make the workload real but not sure Asobo supports those. I have no doubt with MILVIZ, just no confidence with FS yet. The issue with single engine out performance is a red flag but won’t effect my enjoyment if everything else works.

1 Like

Thanks for that info, Dutch! That is definitely something worth getting right (and something I’ve been missing on some other light twins). I sounds like it will get there.

1 Like

Thanks Dutch. Pleased to hear that you are working to improve the performance model for single-engine performance. I agree, other light twins in the sim are really lacking decent single-engine performance. I have done many drills with simulating engine loss in a real twin and look forward to a plane in MSFS that simulates it well.

Engine out performance should be interesting here, with the tip fuel and being a long moment away from the centreline, so I look forward to seeing what you can do with it as much as looking forward to the rest of the aircraft. It is my big hope for the coming months.

A 310 with full fuel is not a plane I’d like to lose an engine anywhere near the ground!

I’m considering buying the X-Plane version while I wait. I wonder how that compares to the new version for MSFS?

In the early flight sim days there was only Carenado that brought us this special kind of airplanes.

I don´t know how these planes are called, they are not typical cheap GA planes from aero clubs or flight schools but more like what a rich 50 year old who does not know anymore what to do with all the money would buy when having enough of boating and yachting and trying to soar through the skies.
Is it private aviation?
I don´t know how this style of airplanes is called, it´s not a millionaire´s biz jet and also no dirty old flight school GA plane - but in between…

Well whatever this aviation sector is called I am happy to see that there is now also Milviz and Flysimware starting to develop such airplanes so I can get even more “flying cars” for my garage. :smiley:

Uh… what? MV did the 310 first for FSX, then again for P3D, yet again for XP and now, for MSFS. Afaik, no one else has done that many of essentially the same plane for so many sims…

3 Likes

Thank you Colin!

I didn´t know that a Milviz 310 version was also available for FSX, I knew only Carenado back in the FSX days making twin props.

That’s awful…. You missed out on a lot of really good products.

1 Like

This will never again happen in Flight Sim 20 :wink: I just want to wait until the Carenado Cessna 182 and Seminole are on sale that´s why they are not already in the hangar.
And I am really curious how the Milviz Cessna 310 will turn out and how it will feel during flying.

Something I admire Milviz models for, is the quality of the sound. It is specially true with theirs C310 in FSX and XPlane. By the short video they released, the same standards seem to apply to MSFS.
I hope Flysimware 414 comes with convincing sounds. To me the sound affects the whole experience as much as the visualization of the model.

1 Like

Totally. Sound is super important in the sim. I got impatient and bought the Carenado Seneca… I really am craving a twin… not great… which is kind of what I expected. I really feel like there aren’t many good airplanes in the sim right now. The whole package. Flight model, systems depth, visuals, sound. The PMDG DC6 maybe, but that’s not my jam.

What is wrong with the sound of the Seneca? It sounds exactly like real Seneca airplanes while starting or inside filmed with a GoPro in the YouTube videos. It´s perfect :slight_smile:

You’re craving a twin engine? Well, the Seneca is pretty much it in terms of decent twins. There are others but Carenado has done a decent job overall. Good price point and its what I’d expect from them. The SWS Kodiak, JF Arrow etc are single engine but are excellent with everything. The Twin Otter doesn’t look promising as of now.
And yes…the DC6 (PMDG) and CRJ (Aerosoft) are pretty amazing.
Avoid the NextGen EMB as its unpolished, hardly updated and still sounds “off.”
Don’t worry…there are a to choose from.

The Carenado Seneca is really a great aircraft. I don’t enjoy flying it as much as I might due to the lack of visibility over its massive engines. I’m hoping the C310 is a little better in this regard.

Another tease! We can’t wait for y’all to get your hands on these controls! We’re curious, do you fly your planes in the virtual cockpit, or from the external view?🧐

🛫WE’RE LOOKING FOR SIM TESTERS!🤩

If you’re a 310, or DHC-2 Beaver pilot and want to help us test our aircraft to create the most heavenly sim experience out there, please email oisin@milviz.com.

Cheers homies✌️

19 Likes

Always from the virtual cockpit! :slight_smile:

2 Likes