Milviz helpdesk

LOL these guys have to have the most smart alec developer responses from any dev company i’ve ever seen. Seen it all over here, avsim and Fselite. These guys are on a roll. Theres a way on educating people on why or why not you will do things, then theres moody comments… I mean im a very chill person with a high tolerance and even I found some comments rude.

I’ve been in business for over ten years and no not developing flight sim addons but a much larger industry. If I responded like that, and believe me there have been times when I’ve wanted to, I dont think ill have any clients/customers left.

You guys make good products, we all know that, but your attitude stinks.

6 Likes

Your experience in another industry or with another employer in any industry isn’t very relevant. Every employer is different and has its own goals in customer relations. If their employer is ok with them being open and communicative and honest in that communication with customers, even to the point of being pointed, that’s all that matters.

Quite obviously, MilViz as a company doesn’t value always appeasing the user whatever unreasonable demand the user makes, and that’s not uncommon in this industry, even within companies bigger than MilViz.

And that’s a rather refreshing attitude to see within a wider gaming industry in which developers tend to be way too fast to bend and apologize to the easily offended.

So please do keep it up MilViz. Be yourselves, and if someone gets offended, I doubt they’ll be missed.

7 Likes

You’ve missed the mark. If you read what I said properly you would understand I said there are certain ways to go about things, and no doesn’t matter what industry you’re in. If you’re providing a service, provide it with a good experience. Not attitude and smart alec remarks. Has nothing to do with bending over. Has to do with good business practice and morals. Each business to their own I guess… one person gone is a customer lost in my books. But like I said, each business to their own.

5 Likes

I, for one, think their attitude is hilarious. It’s not like sweet-talking people will change their minds about your product, so why bother? I’m grateful for the entertainment, in any case.

5 Likes

Your opinion on what the “right attitude” is for providing a service may work for your company, but it doesn’t necessarily work for all.

The only relevant opinion here is that of their employer. I don’t see “smart alec” remarks. I see pointed, clear, and well-exposed remarks that aim to provide information without trying too hard to please.

Nothing of what they said is disrespectful, rude, or offensive. Not even close. It’s simply not excessively obsequious.

“We’re not gonna do this. It doesn’t work for us. And nothing you can say will change that (which is the gist of it)” isn’t “smart alec.” It simply cuts excessive back and forth on something that isn’t going to change, saving everyone time.

“good” business practice and even more so “morals” aren’t absolutes. If you don’t like their attitude, feel free not to support their products. I can guarantee without a shadow of a doubt that plenty of people will, and happlily so.

2 Likes

I recently retired from a Fortune 10 company as a systems integration manager (I came up as an assembly language programmer) and if I talked to even my internal customers like that, I would have been fired…lol

At least we now know that Milviz is not interested in the universe of virtual airline customers. Krazycolin has made that abundantly clear. And his User ID is apropos…lol

6 Likes

I disagree with pretty much everything you’ve said. That’s just my opinion.

I don’t believe in companies responding rudely to customers, customer service is an important or should be an important part of any business. It just comes across as unprofessional. Now it might not mean much here, and they might not care about losing a handful of customers or potential future customers, but it does mean a lot when dealing with millions of dollars worth of contracts.

If were to give the ok that we can tell our customers we aren’t doing certain work because we aren’t changing our way just to suit them or just because they want it… man would we get quite a few emails :rofl:

Ill stick our usual responses such as, “unfortunately we aren’t able to provide that service at the moment but if there is anything else we can help you with, we do have other services available”.

Anyway that’s just how I run my company and how I’ve seen many professional companies run theirs.

Each to their own! Have a great day. Back over to you fine professional gentlemen at Milviz and to your fans.

4 Likes

Unfortunate! their king air was a great product but lets just say its clear there’s madness behind the beauty! hehe beauty behind the madness with a twist.

1 Like

I watched a couple of their “State of the Sim” Videos – amazingly bad PR !!!

So based on those Video, and other comments about their attitudes, especially towards customers, I will not be rushing to purchase any of their products.

My money, my choice … but at least then I do not have to get frustrated with their customer service & tech support !!!

4 Likes

None of their responses is rude. Clear cut and firm is completely different from rude.

Nothing about not having customized tail numbers getting in the way of realistic liveries is “unfortunate” and quite obviously they don’t intend to change their stance in the future.

Not only that style response isn’t useful, but it’s inherently misleading, as it gives the idea that the situation may change. In this case, it may not.

The word to describe the example you brought is “obsequious” and it serves the sole purpose to satisfy the customer’s ego.

3 Likes

Third Party subforums are provided as a courtesy to DISCUSS related products. This thread has devolved into a gripe session with supporters and detractors, and has departed the intended use of the section.

Thread closed.

3 Likes

I think you forgot something, tiger…

5 Likes