“Mirrored” textures 747-8 and 787-10

Yes. I think it’s possible

If that works, then maybe someday it could go into a paint kit or something with the corresponding model file with the logo patch embedded on.

Are you creating a video to show how to accomplish this?

1 Like

Thanks for the Lufthansa mixMugz :sunglasses:

cheers :wink:

1 Like

@mixMugz Are you able to release the JavaScript code you used to combine the models? That’s the only missing link for me to start.

nodeJS code is not my own code. It’s FBW property. You can get it from FBW A32NX repo

@mixMugz do you have a link as to where it is?

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/tree/master/src/model

FFor everyone. I start topic, where i will write manual how to create Decal Livery (Unmirrored). It will work for every aircraft.

7 Likes

- YouTube I’ve made a video tutorial for this new method. If you face any issues please don’t be hesitant to reach out to me on Discord @adi_boi#2815

Thanks!

1 Like

Still hope for a model with full decal overlay so I just use textures, since I want want to work on billboard letters, but they consist of gradients and multiple colors. that would be pretty consuming if I did vectors, but if a model has a big non mirror decal patch, then it can safely take a multi colored and textured script

@mixMugz, I’ve noticed since you came out with your tutorial, that just about every new livery going up on flightsim.to for the 74 and 78 are using your method, and therefore are creating an entire army of unmirrored aircraft. I’m going to go through mine and delete any that do not use your method so I never have to see one that’s backwards again.

Once again, you’ve done awesome work for us joe-blow end users and you have my thanks for it!

1 Like

Thank you dude.

1 Like

Hi Adi. I see your Youtube account seems to have been deleted in the last few days? I found your video the one day and the next day it was unavailable. Any chance it’s available elsewhere too?

1 Like

Gentlemen, how do you export your decals to work for others in the community folder?

Still mirrored texture on engine and tail of the 787-10. :cry:

You need to change the livery. Find one that doesn’t have a mirrored texture.

There is no other livery of that one. Is there no other solution?? Can somebody fix it……?

Best you learn to fix it yourself

MODERATOR EDIT:
(This post merged into this topic.)

Hello.

Would there be a chance to fix a bug in the B787-10 aircraft in the colors of Polish Airlines “Proud of independance”? The contour of the Polish on the right is a mirror image of the correct one on the left…

Witam.

Czy byłaby szansa na naprawę błędu w samolocie B787-10 w barwach Polish Airlines “Proud of independance”? Kontur Polski po prawej stronie jest lustrzanym odbiciem prawidłowego po lewej stronie…