Missing Airports Sent to Zendesk

Unless there isn’t an comprehensive thread with airports being in the wrong location or simply not existing in RL, I want to add CYHQ (Haines Junction) in the Klondike/Yukon Area (Western Canada). In RL, this is just a long country t-crossing. In the sim, this is also shown as a road, with way too high tree cover on both thresholds (crash is literally mandatory). But the sim puts the airport marker over it.

The real Haines Junction (CYHT) is a good 80 nm more south.

Question; I noticed that there are some Airstrips in Canada that are missing, most of them are temporary Airstrips, f.e. Mining Operations in rural Canada (Nunavut, Western Territories).
Has there been any talks about adding those as well to the sim? Although gravel operations, are ehh not too satisfying currently, it would still make a cool addition, looking at 737 and BAE146 :slight_smile: :pleading_face:

If they are not already identified in this thread, I’d submit them to Zendesk then post them here.

On the list:
CYCO Kugluktuk Airport;

• is in the sim, but listed as CYKE

CZFM Fort Mcpherson Airport

• is in the sim, but listed as CYFP

NOT on the list:
There are 2 Fort Nelson Airports in the sim;

• CYFL - Fort Nelson Airport
  • CYYE - Ft Nelson Airport

It looks like CYYE will be included in SU10. I’m not finding any information on CYFL as Fort Nelson. I see the seaplane base, Fort Reliance as CYFL but in the sim it’s under CJN8.

Edit:
MMCZ - Cozumel Aeropuerto Internacion Airport
Disregard - all is well

I see both airports in the sim, MXQC (Playa del Carmen Airport) and MMCZ (Cozumel International). I’m running the SU10 beta. Do you have any 3rd party addons or are you running the stock release?

1 Like

My apologies - please disregard.
I have them too. A miscommunication between sources.

WRONG AIRPORT NAME:

ICAO: SWJA
CURRENT MSFS WRONG NAME: FAZENDA JUINA AIRPORT, CITY VILHENA
CORRECT NAME: FAZENDA AERO AMIL, CITY BRUSQUE
27 01 03S/048 51 12W
City : Brusque
State: Santa Catarina

There are a few airports in the sim that either have the wrong identifier or have the wrong name. I hope the issue is the result of errors in the data conversion from Asobo’s navdata provider and not errors with their providers data. I suggest if you haven’t already, create a Zendesk ticket. This thread is only for airports that are physically missing from the sim.

2 Likes

Dublin Airport has just opened a new 3.1km northern runway which is now in use. I wanted to try it out but it is not currently on Flight Simulator.

I was wondering when it will be patched to include it? The co-ordinates of Dublin Airport… are 53.4264° N, 6.2499° W
I have linked the story below about it’s opening.
Thanks

1 Like

I’ve updated the list with the release of SU10. I’ve also grouped airports with identifiers by characteristic (see list below). Once the Canadian WU comes out, I plan to do another minor update. After SU11 is out, I’ll do one last massive update then hopefully transition my focus to identifying bugs at existing airports if the Scenery Gateway ever takes off. The default airports are in really bad shape after 2 years.

Airport Groupings

• Group 1 – Airports with Instrument Approach Procedures (IAP).
  • Group 2 – Airports without IAPs but have paved runways.
  • Group 3 – Grass, gravel, or dirt airstrips without IAPs but have runway markings
  • Group 4 – Grass, gravel, or dirt airstrips without IAPs, or markings
  • Group 5 – Seaplane base
  • Group 6 – Heliport
  • Group 7 - Helipad
5 Likes

For Belgium there is a wikipedia page which lists both the airfields and heliports here:List of airports in Belgium - Wikipedia
I’ll check later on which ones exist, as there are a lot of freeware sceneries readily available from flightsim.to

1 Like

Minor updates made to the list with WU11. MPTO and S76 added.

realised that the default MPTO is incomplete (missing the other runway, parking and taxiways)

Continuing the discussion from Missing Airports Sent to Zendesk:

Hi all,
I have submitted to Zendesk

Request #171007 Missing Airport “SUTA - Aero club Tacuarembo”

Kind regards
Airliner001

1 Like

Good find. I added it to the list.

Not sure anyone reported this YBWW Brisbane Wellcamp in Australia is a level 4 International Port.

The mapping on bing has rural when you activate it on MSFS when it should be an international size airport equivalent the links are:

Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport - Wikipedia GeoHack - Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport

I note on flight sim to a third party has brought it to life.

Also FSIA (Seychelles missing). If it has been reported or posted

Sorry can I also add on MSFS 2020 Istanbul LTFM the new international Airport is missing too. Not on Premium Deluxe or standard.

1 Like

LTFM is already on the list. YBWW is currently in the sim.