Missing CYVR instrument approaches for RWY 26 L and R

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No. This bug worked with all my addons prior to WU 11

Brief description of the issue:

Instrument approaches for CYVR (Vancouver Canada) runways 26 L and R are no longer visible in the drop down list in the flight plan creator or the procedures page in the GNS530.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

With WU 11 installed - issue is exhibited with WU11 installed

WU 11 Unistalled - issue is exhibited with WU11 uninstalled and clean FS2020 install

Flight plan tool - Only RWY 08, 13 and 31 selectable

GNS530 Procdure page - only approaches for RWY 08, 13 and 31 are selectable

All available runways had their associated arrival and approach procedures prior to WU 11.

I have uninstalled FS2020 and reinstalled it and the navaids do not re-appear in the fresh install. I re-installed WU11 and the missing approaches persist.

CYVR is Canada’s 2nd busiest airport and the prevailing wind is from the west, so not having these approaches (despite not being “as real as it gets”) makes daily flights into CYVR using RWY26 L or R and the various ILS and RNAV approaches impossible.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Steps required to bring this about is to run FS2020

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

This is on the XBOX series X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

MODERATOR EDIT:
As this appears to be a bug introduced by WU11, I moved this post into this bug report.

I use an XBOX seris X for FS2020 and since I installed th latest world update: Canada, the YVR RWY26 approaches are missing from the drop down list when building IFR flight plans. They arent in the GPS (Gamin 530) procedure pages either.

I have uninstalled both the update and FS2020 and reinstalled them one at a time, but the 26 L and R approaches (ILS and RNAV) are gone. RWY 8 nad 31 are still in the list but not RWY 26.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thx

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: EBBR (Brussels, Belgium) ILS runways 25L & 25R missing since WU11

Today’s update fixed the missing instrument approaches for CYVR RWY 26 L and R (ILS and RNAV).

Tried flight tonight with Flysimware Cessna 414AW. Mixture controls didn’t work so removed and reinstalled. Loaded flightplan to CYVR RNAV RWY 26 L and the 26 runways are no longer selectable as instrument approaches.

Uninstalled FS2020 and in the process of reinstalling. Will have to wait and see if the navaid update comes back with a clean XBOX install.

Very frustrating .

I submitted a ticket Microsoft Flight Simulator to describe this issue.

Additionally, I have also tested for the issue on PC and it exhibits the same problem for CYVR as the XBOX.

The STARs for RWY 26 are still selectable but the fixes to line up the runway are not there and so ATC doesn’t send you to the correct altitude to intercept the glidesope for the ILS (which still works for VFR approaches).

Super disappointing considering that this only manifested after the Canada update (WU11) and Vancouver being Canada’s second busiest airport with 166,935 aircraft movements and 7 million passengers annually.

1 Like

This is my " Go To" approach at CYVR. I have no mods and like you since the last update there is no longer any ILS approach available for 26L or Right

2 Likes

I am on PC and received a micro update…this however has not fixed the missing ILS approaches for 26L or 26 r

2 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

CYVR missing ILS 26L and 26R approaches

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

try to plot course to arrive ILS 26L

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

High end PC

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

sim 11 update

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

yes

Just try to fly this approach…it’s not even listed as a possible approach @CYVR

2 Likes

yes

PC Version also not showing 26L/R ILS since WU 11 install.
Default Navdat.No other nav programs installed.
Garmin G1000 & G3000 (7.8)
FSDreamteam CYVR installed.

2 Likes

The CYVR ILS RWY 26L and 26R are missing using the World Map flight planner.

Navigraph has the charts for ILS RWY 26L and 26R allowing me to create a flight plan and then import it into the World Map. The flight plan contains the instructions for ILS 26R:

<ATCWaypoint id="GOREG">
            <ATCWaypointType>Intersection</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N49° 9' 34.55",W122° 48' 23.69",+003000.00</WorldPosition>
            <SpeedMaxFP>-1</SpeedMaxFP>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAORegion>CY</ICAORegion>
                <ICAOIdent>GOREG</ICAOIdent>
                <ICAOAirport>CYVR</ICAOAirport>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="CYVR">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N49° 11' 40.91",W123° 11' 2.29",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <SpeedMaxFP>-1</SpeedMaxFP>
            <ApproachTypeFP>ILS</ApproachTypeFP>
            <RunwayNumberFP>26</RunwayNumberFP>
            <RunwayDesignatorFP>LEFT</RunwayDesignatorFP>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>CYVR</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>

But when imported into the World Map, the approach was changed to “Direct”. CYVR RWY 26R was not available in the CJ4 FMS.

When flying to CYVR, runway 26R was requested from ATC. They assigned the “VISUAL RWY 26R” approach. The RWY 26R approach was going to be requested but ILS RWY 26R was not in the ATC drop-down menu.

Next, I flew the PMDG 737-600. For some reason, the AIRAC in the 737s are several months old and out-of-date. When the flight plan was loaded into the FMS, ILS RWY 26R was available for selection and added to the FMS flight plan. However, when approaching CYVR, ATC could not assign ILS 26R approach and assigned a different runway and approach.

There may be an issue with the latest AIRAC or WU11.

EDIT: I removed WU11 and problem remained. I reinstalled WU11 since it appears the problem is NOT due to or fixed by WU11.

2 Likes

I also have the same issue at CYYZ with RWY 24L.

2 Likes

Great additional info!

I submitted a ticket to Microsoft Flight Simulator (https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com) to ensure the issue about the YVR instrument approaches was registered (request # 171309).

It may be worth submitting your information as well since it shows that despite being able to build an external FP and import it the in-game ATC vectors to RWY 26 for a visual approach.

Crazy that the Canada update has done so much damage!

3 Likes

I have a very similar issue, yet I’n experiencing missing approaches at EHAM. All RW18 approaches are missing, meaning ILS 18L, ILS 18C, ILS 18R, as for the RNAV and VORDME. There are more missing, but these are very obvious.

It seems as it happened after installing WU11, but every single time a start the game it’s updating so I can’t be 100% sure.

I really hope there is a solution to this. I tried re-installing, which didn’t help.

1 Like

I just tried to build a flight plan to EHAM RWY18 (any) instrument approach and could not - RWY18 not a selectable option.

This is a serious issue when major international airports are missing primary runway instrument approaches and seriously diminishes the experience.

Today I joined the Beta SU11 to evaluate the latest update and to see if this issue had been identified.

Today way my first flight using SU11 Beta and the missing instrument approaches for CYVR RWY 26L and 26R appears to have been restored however there seems to be something weird going on with ATC in SU11. I will be doing some test flights to check the behaviors and will share my findings here.

I will also look at the other airports mentioned in the thread.

I still don’t have ILS RWY 26L and 26R for CYVR . Is there a fix yet ?

SU11 has the Runways fixed but there are some other anomalies as well. The Beta has fixed some things but other items still need work…

@deancbrown

I have edited your first post as there was a typo which broke the “Contribute to this Bug” from working. It is all fixed now!

Thank you!

1 Like

The ILS 26L approach at CYVR is back with the latest patch ( 40h Anniversary)

2 Likes