Missing Navigational Data

I’m surprised I haven’t found a current thread overviewing this issue. Forgive me if I’ve somehow overlooked it. I did some searching.

There are significant “holes” in the navigation data in the sim right now.

IFR flight plans will be completely missing waypoints as entered in the World Map flight planning phase.

I’m seeing this issue in the airliners, but also in GNS equipped aircraft, too. I’m currently flying the BN-2 from PASI to PAJN. I filed a low altitude IFR flight plan that had me flying from PASI to SSR to PAJN.

The GNS 530 didn’t show SSR in flight path (magenta line), even though the current waypoint was to SSR and the AP flew to it. The magenta line was white during this leg of the flight. When I tuned to SSR @ 114.00 on NAV 1, there was nothing there, the GNS didn’t indicate it was a VOR, nor did the VOR indicator come to life.

Worse, PAJN doesn’t show on the GNS map. Once the flight plan leg updated for SSR to PAJN, the entire GNS froze. I had to use the backup Bendix radio to tune approach. (Did they sneak in random electronics failures? Ha!)

There are other threads discussing similar behavior with all sorts of aircraft navigational systems and flight plans.

What seems to be missing is a common thread for the issue and some sort of an answer as to what is going on here.

This is making a mess of IFR, at the moment.

6 Likes

To add, this all seems to have come about with SU9.

Moved to #self-service:atc-traffic-navaids

This is covered (or at least attempted to be covered) in the bug reports as “freezing avionics” or “787 can’t redirect to waypoint / missing waypoints” and such. We now suspect that they’re all the same problem. Navigation issues because of faulty AIRAC implementation. Many waypoints are simply not “seen” by the aircraft navigation systems.

1 Like

Did you make a custom flight plan, or did you use one that the world planner created?

Yes, it seems to be discussed within specific aircraft threads, but the scope is sim-wide.

I’m surprised that you’re the only one to respond here. I’d have thought many of us would be discussing this topic.

Maybe the SU9 patch is a distraction, right now.

World Planner.

(Man, I loathe that “You’re replying too quickly” throttle. Harumph.)

1 Like

Most people probably fly VFR, or they don’t notice, or they don’t know how to indicate the issue. It took a while for me as well, to put the puzzle pieces together and realize that the freezing avionics are probably caused by the mismatch between the flight plans and the actual waypoints. It’s just too messed up honestly, and it can cause all kinds of issues.

2 Likes

You may be correct, but I’m also thinking that most of the PC users here on this forum are pretty savvy and are using external navigational data (Navigraph, SimBrief, etc.) whereas we Xboxers are stuck with the default.

I’d also wager that many of the less savvy are apt to blame the aircraft and not the Nav data.

3 Likes

Hi there, I just wanted to reply to mention I have the same issue.

IFR seems completely broken, this started for me with SU9. I’m on XBox.

I created a post a few days ago about this: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ils-not-working-correctly-since-su9-xbox/

To summarize though, airports I’ve been flying IFR with using ILS since release I can’t setup either for anymore. All the NAV IFR waypoints seem missing, and ILS doesn’t work. In fact, I used to be able to select an ILS runway in the drop down for the airports prior, now the only option I get is “automatic”.

Very frustrating. I was hoping the patch they just released would fix the problems but I just tested and they are still there.

3 Likes

Can anyone else verify the same since SU9? Hotfix has done nothing to fix the issue.

Basically, once I enter my approach phase, all the STAR waypoints disappear from the avionics screen as well as the VFR map. (stock A320)

I have not been able to complete an ILS approach since SU9/hotfix

3 Likes

This morning I flew KDEN-CYYC Everything was great. Except for the “constraints” issue. My last flight CYYC-CYWG just simply didnt load The Glidslope waypoints, so i was forced to go missed and had to finish VFR. My guess is that its only certain airports at the moment?

The database is definitely mucked up or something. I begin to fly the STAR and poof!!! Waypoints disappear.

1 Like

I havent had that happen…yet. Fingers crossed that doesnt join the list for me as well. But i agree. There doesnt seem to be any consistency whatsoever.

Happened to me this evening! You’re not alone.

PC users have optional nav data they can tap into and I believe most of the savvier PC users are those here on this forum and are doing so. That leaves us Xboxers on the default data and we need to be bringing this to attention.

1 Like

Same for me. I have a “test” flight that I take from my local airport to another interprovincial airport that’s not too far away. Very basic, straightforward STAR. Whenever I fly it since SU9, the STAR waypoints disappear when I enter the approach phase.

Do you plan via the world map? or FMC? I notice when I use the FMC A lot of times waypoints or VOR’s have the “input” option then never show up on the plan.

I thought the Xbox would solve many problems for me as far as msfs2020 is concerned since it’s a closed system…how bad can things get, right?

The fact it’s a closed system is actually the problem I believe!

Well, if it’s a bad data in thing…

But if it’s a good data in, bad interpretation of the data…

Who knows, though?