Missing Navigational Data

I plan with the world map these days just for simplicity sake.

1 Like

I dunno. I’m so gutted this evening. The PMDG 737 is not looking good for us at this point. I’m to the point that I’d fly to the moon rather than gamble close on 90 bucks Canadian for the 737. Thank God I didn’t buy Concorde…another 60 bucks that could have been wasted the way I see things now.

3 Likes

on my way back to YYC. Ill wait to find out what happens on approach and report back.

1 Like

Please. I’m expecting when you active/enter your STAR, you’ll run into problems.

Came in via “EBGAL” this morning, all was well. Im trying “BIRKO” from the east this time around. Fingers crossed!

Also I noticed after landing at CYWG I had ATC/Gnd services. once I reloaded the sim to depart for YYC no ATC Grnd/Twr service.

1 Like

So im messing around with the FMC right now. And from what I can tell by loading different approaches and runways, the Airac information for the sim…(I guess only on x box) is out of date? Im referencing a Chart valid through to May 19th 2022 and it does not match my approach vectors on my ND

I think this might be where we need to be posting:

3 Likes

Yeah this happened to me with CYWG as well when I tried it. I usually fly out of KFAR and have used CYWG ILS 36Z many many a time, and now I can’t get a glide slope there anymore (or any localizer for that matter). It is very frustrating and I am very disappointed with the software.

1 Like

After today’s hot fix,When I’m setting up a flight plan in the world map and typing the departing and arriving airports, VORs, waypoints, etc, only airports are showing up on the list. Scrolling down doesn’t show any VORs or waypoints. If I type a VOR like OCN(Oceanside) ,it doesn’t show up,on the list anymore, and can’t easily be added to the flight plan as it has been since release. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a setting somewhere that might help me out? Thanks!

2 Likes

You are right, same problem here. Filters are all on and I can’t see navaids and waypoints.

Got black displays when i dropped the gear. This game I tell you… Every single flight is hit or miss.

1 Like

Same issue here. I don’t see the issue in the flight because I’m using the FMS in the PMDG and navigraph, etc, but when updating the in-sim plan (World Map) to match my SimBrief plan (so I can use ATC), the waypoints and VORs don’t show up on the drop-down. They ARE able to be located on the map but what appears to be happening is they’re not zooming in when you enter them. Once you find it, you can click and add to route. Started after the patch today.

I’m just curious is it possible this happened with SU9 and not the hotfix for you too and maybe just wasn’t noticed? The only reason I ask is us on XBox just have the world map and I noticed it after SU9, so I’m wondering if maybe it also affects PC in the same way but maybe isn’t noticed with the fancier tooling it has access to.

Thanks.

Since SU9 I haven’t been able to enjoy MSFS on XBox and it’s a real shame and a disgrace so I am really trying to figure out if there are any solutions I might be able to try.

This started with SU9, for sure, not the patch.

1 Like

Same here since the update , happening on the A32nx and Salty 747.

2 Likes

I don’t see that as being a huge problem. As long as the FMC thinks it’s correct, that’s all that matters…unless the code is expecting something other than what the database is delivering.

Definitely started with SU9.

I need to take another look at my test flight. The world map looked odd to me last night. Instead of a nice smooth semi circle on the map that was laying out the STAR, it was a square with no waypoints. The map realized what the route SHOULD be, but it didn’t look right. The waypoints were definitely listed at the top of the map. In the plane, the STAR was definitely layed out on the screen, but as soon as I got handy to it, all the waypoints disappeared.

Definitely something wrong with the world map/database.

That’s good to hear…

We’ll, it’s actually not, but you get my drift. The problem is somewhat universal.

The thing I can’t understand are the Xbox users that are saying everything is Jim dandy and there are no problems!!!???

For me this 100% started after the patch. I was doing 2-3 flights daily, following the exact same process, and never experienced this until the patch yesterday. That’s just me…can’t tell you how or why.

1 Like

Yes, I know they’re available on the map if you zoom in. I do my flight plans on Flight Plan Go and type it into the world map. Takes a few seconds to type the few VORs and waypoints. I’ll never zoom in to each individual waypoint. Beyond tedious and ridiculous I might add. Especially if you’re using the G1000Nxi which is the worst instrument to enter a flight plan into. Unlike the GTN750 options where it’s a breeze to enter flight plan info. Hopefully there will be a fix shortly.

1 Like