Missions like FSX

I would be happy to see all of the original missions repeated in the sim, not just for nostalgia but there’s many new users that have never experienced their awesomeness. They were also better put together than any 3rd party missions I encountered (admittedly that’s not too many).

I also really like the idea of missions, but I would step a bit away from “like FSX”. I’d like to see some improvement here, something a bit more innovative like the possibility of coop missions in some shared cockpit. Probably missions with focus on crew resource management in case of failures (engine fire, hydraulic loss) besides singleplayer only stuff.

The new stuff coming is top notch to set up such kinds of missions - We could have some executive transport coop mission featuring the volocopter, CJ4 and F/A-18E like one player has to pick up a VIP at the white house with the Volocopter, another one preparing the CJ4 and the third one with the Superbug to monitor the airspace around the active TFR using radar.

Other than that we could have aerial firefighting missions using the KingAir 350i as a spotter aircraft and the MD-10 (as soon as flyable) as a firefighter, recreating the wildfires in Australia. - something like:

Also I’d like to see classic solo missions too like transporting an archeologist in Egypt to a spot in the Sahara using the Savage Cub when a sandstorm raises would be fun with the new flight model and a good voice actor to play the confused and afraid person in the frontseat :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ve got some interesting ideas. I like the idea of multiplayer missions, but you obviously need multiple people for those to work, which limits the audience quite a bit. Solo players who don’t have any friends into flight simming would not be able to enjoy the content.

Your ideas are great ideas for singleplayer missions though. The Executive Transport style mission with multiple aircraft types is actually already a thing in FSX. You fly a Jet Ranger and transfer to a Learjet afterward for some James Bond type stuff. It would be trivial to replace the James Bond stuff with a simple IFR flight to a destination, and one player could fly both aircraft.

The firefighting idea is grand, and you could have an AI aircraft flying a programmed route as your spotter and follow them in with your MD-11. It would probably be a bit harder/jankier to play the role of the spotter but I think it could be done.

And of course, your archaeologist transport idea would probably be a hit as well. The only trouble would be simulating a sandstorm. No idea if MSFS ever intends to support that kind of functionality.

2 Likes

Yeah I have flight tales, sar etc. many more in fact.
The ones I mentioned were just the ones that came to mind at the time.

… yes, and in FSMS2020 ??? Well you can buy some “Bush MIssions” , High Mountains and other that are only challenging if you should have to fly them in a certain Weather. But you put as you want from the beginning, so no challenge , ( only “Landing challenges” in this sim??? )
Very , very disapointing !
Well you could just disable one engine, or just start the trip without enough fuel to have a thrilling challenge, or just disable the " map" button… #`"+‘*’+'??!!! WOUW i made my own thrilling adventure !!!

Oh … i remember those FSX missions with a grumman goose , weather is getting worse, you dont see nothing … thriling adventure n different weather themes u had to finish to get a reward. Great times with my sons …
FSMS 2020 should also think about those people younger than many "old Pilots"like me and many in this sim are… They have X box and want challenging missions and not only fly around , they say well if thats all , its boring…

P.s. …and now the "old PIlots " get scared that “their Sim” will get transformed to a “Arcade GameBoy Game”

3 Likes

I figured it would be helpful to create a survey for everyone to enter which missions from FSX they would most like to see brought to FS2020. Its an open ended survey. After enough people respond, I’ll make a second survey and list the top five most mentioned mission and have every one rank those missions from most to least favorite. I don’t know if there is a way for this to be pinned to the top of this thread or if I should just create a new one.

Here is a link to the survey and a link to a list of all the missions in FSX
Survey:
https://qfreeaccountssjc1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7257JXOPtSKiOB8

FSX Mission titles and descriptions: Missions | The Flight Simulator Wiki | Fandom

2 Likes

Great , to be able to see those wonderfull Missions . Thats exactly what i am talking about ! Missions with challenging changing conditions. ( … but some are afraid that this would make this Sim to “arcade”, so they will tell you to just change weather in flight by your own, to have a challenge … LOL)

yes a MUST

Yes . I have spent hours and hours flying those FSX missions . There were lots of default missions that came with the game . And there were tons and tons of addons that you could get . Payware and freeware . And a great variety of them . Some very easy and some very hard ,
There was one guy that made over 300 of them . All freeware .

I love to see new missions like Alaskan Bush pilot themed missions using the float 172 and c208

Hi,

1.There is a mission editor integrated in FS2020 but it’s not documented as well. So I do believe the application is ready to produce missions. As much as I can tell it’s the very similar syntax used as in FSX

1. I did write a very complex mission on my own, which is actually not really a challenge mission but a mission to get passengers from one airport to another in a commercial airplane. What that mission simply does it adding flight attendant announcements and cabin music to commercial flights. You can download the mission here: AirlinersEnv at Microsoft Flight Simulator Nexus - Mods and community

2. However that mission is not functional with the latest FS-upgrade. I fixed it locally on my own computer and would be more than happy to post the fixed version on the website I mentioned above. Just let me know and I will provide an updated version. But for now I feel there are not too many people interested in that kind of mission (flight attendant annoucements). I do use this mission on every single comercial flight I do.

+1 We definitely need to bring back missions as well as more training vids for IFR and Aerobatics training with the Extra and Pitts aircraft.

Do these missions work or are they broken like the bush trips?
Liked doing the bush trips . Really disappointed when they got broken after up date 6

Broken, because these missions are essentially bush trips. I hope that one-day Asobo will fix the bush trips and simplify the work in the SDK. Then I would fix them too.

Actually I downloaded one yesterday , Not a mission. Just a trip . It consisted of 5 legs .about an hour or so total to do all 5 legs . I started and just continued doing the legs . I completed the trip .no problem .
Only thing I found was I could use the AP and the Nav to follow the waypoints for the 1st leg only . I tried hitting the Nav after leaving the 2nd airport . Plane just wanted to keep circling . Oh well

That missioneditor just lets you follow waypoints. Difficult Weather conditions are not a challenge as you can just change it however, whenever you want . Loaded cargo is free will too… ( not like those old cargo missions where you have to land with a DC 3 on a short runway full loaded , for example) .
" TIme" to accomplish a mission isn t a challenge either , or " do not fly higher than… ( for whatever reason…) isn`t a possible challenge . " Fly to Denali Camp" or something like this was areal challenge . You had to fly with a full loaded plane in high altitudes , searching airfields and loading people in terrible bad weather . Where are those Missions ???

1 Like

I think that the “Denali Base Camp Charter” mission is totally possible to make in MSFS2020, with the exception of one thing. The player dialogue choice box. The original FSX mission would prompt the player to make a radio call to base several times during that mission, and as far as I know there is not a way to do this yet in MSFS.

The other trouble is finding the right aircraft for it. The mission is done in a Maule M7 with a powerful 260 horsepower engine. We don’t have any STOL taildraggers with those kinds of specifications in the game right now, unfortunately.

However both of these things are likely to change as the game is developed further so don’t lose hope just yet.

2 Likes

Okay, but the main problem will probably be :
THE WEATHER
Do i have to preset the “bad Weather” , Temperature, Clouds height, Snow… or is this exactly that what i just CAN`T easily change.? I am forced to fly in a changing , preseted weather “bad weather” and thats exactly how it should be ! ( In real life if you start a flight , you cant just change the weather if you get in trouble with it) . Just to fly some waypoints is easy to do with the Bush missioneditor… or just find the waypoints in the planner in FS2020 and fly around.

I want (“preseted”) Missions (and i would PAY for it !) that are :
1.- You HAVE to fly with this plane !
2. - You HAVE to fly with this WEATHER ( even Changing!!!)
3.- You HAVE to carry this Passengers (Weight/cargo up to limit)
4. - You HAVE to fly at this Daytime (its getting late…)

And now FLY !
Thats the CHALLENGE !
No “Cheats” possible ( you cant just change it or at least you wont get the rewards…)

Thats all
P.s. Right away I PAY 20 Euro to “the One” who offers me this !

and just by the way …thats what many young people (but not only) like my sons want !
…and not only a " Landing Challenge" in a certain airport…+#+##?+#!?+#+### (camon…!)

hy guys , in these moment whats is the best way for have mission in fs2020 ??

someone try rolling cumulus addons ??? i love these sim but i want somethink to do.

tnx

There are a some freeware missions availabe for msfs:

As well as payware:

PS: If you want to make your own missions, you can use BushMissionGen, BushTripInjector, or you can look at my Guide on Mission Creation for MSFS.