Missions like FSX

i tried and paid for some of those…
you get a map to print . You get some waypoints to put on your planner in FS2020. You choose your plane and your weather, when you arrive you see 2-3 programmed houses… ??’’+#’*’#
cammon???
They wherer absolute different in the past… (much,much better and not just some nice pictures to print out…)

Thanks,
i will try them and give it a chance… :wink:

If anyone is interested, I just released a port of the FSX mission Whiteout. I’d really appreciate it if you went and gave it a try! FSX Mission - Whiteout (Bush Trip) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

3 Likes

Neofly pretty much covers all that except for scripted events, they do have storyline missions now with voiceovers and everything but yeah, far cry from FSX.

Yes. We have to up vote this idea somehow

2 Likes

Yessssss that would be perfect!

3 Likes

Heck you could have just a mission pack make a payware bundle of the same fictional homestead and do some interesting story lines with the aircraft with all the default bush style aircraft

2 Likes

Happy to see this thread finally made it onto the feedback snapshots

3 Likes

I looked over the last feedback a few times - I couldn’t find it anywhere.

Wish #71 in the very last slide.

1 Like

Loved the UFO mission with the 737 and the Napoli flight with the A321

i’m looking for where to flight simulator 2020 40th anniversary edition and on video they talk about bringing back some mission from previses flight simulator games.
Question for flight simulator team if there time would it be possible to bring back the flight simulator X area 51 mission. i enjoy that mission, it was fun.

2 Likes

I actually did the voice for the Area 51 controller on that mission. So if they revive the old missions, I’m hoping the keep the old voices too. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Man I’m hoping for a FSX missions “remastered” pack of some sorts, all the FSX missions ported over to MSFS, that would be nice.

4 Likes

That’s interesting! I guess you were not credited though? In the mission voices I’m not seeing anyone called Den or similar.

But yeah, if they remaster some the old missions, it would make sense to keep the old voice-overs and not record new ones, both for cost-saving and the nostalgia.

I’m thinking that the shot in the 40th anniversary trailer of the helicopter about to land on the oil rig may have been a nod to the “Oil Rig Transport” mission which was also featured in the FSX trailer.

vlcsnap-2022-06-16-14h07m47s215

Let’s hope…

5 Likes

There is a remake on flightsim.to: Secret Shuttle - FSX Mission » Microsoft Flight Simulator. But it doesn’t have…

Spoiler

… the UFO traffic

1 Like

The professional voice actors are credited. When they were putting the missions together, the sound designers invited a bunch of the MS employees who were beta-testing FSX internally to come in and provide some additional voiceovers so they could add more voice variety. (And as a nice thanks for beta testing.)

2 Likes

Thanks, didn’t know that. Still learning small facts about FSX 16 years later!

Really? Sweet! If I remember correctly, didn’t you say something about a “slow mover”? :smile:

1 Like

Would love to see some natural disasters missions

Rescue mission from flooded areas
Fighting forest fires with water bombing
Air ambulance when helicopters are released
Air to air refuelling for the top gun mission packs