Mixed textures in ground at default airport DX12 Beta

Yes, I’ve flown several miles. 5 flights north and west (500miles per flight) and saw nothing strange with textures. Well, I can’t say it doesn’t happen to 7xxx series gpus. But in mine I see no issues with the scenery anymore. Maybe others owners with the 7xxx or 40xx gpus can tell if any of them experience this issue.

EDIT:

Spoke too soon. I had the issue back. But there is a different thing I did before jumping into the sim to have the issue back. Related? Don’t know, but I’ll try to test it.
I added “we love VFR”, “Navigraph in game charts”, “GSX” and two more airports. And the wrong texture issue is back again.

Andd after testing I got the same result. Definitively is Asobo. First run in Dx 12 was flawless and second time I open the sim I get again the issue. And now it’s persistent.

I want so bad this thing to be solved. Everything else works perfectly in Dx12, I get better performance. Supe smooth fps and the card uses all the vram it wants (18GB max I could see). No fps drops while hard panning. Zero stutters. Dx11 works fine, but from time to time you get a little fps drops when moving the camera too fast.

With NV Gen 4xxx it is unchanged.
The problems only exist with DX12, with DX11 no problems at all. It occurs completely randomly.

1 Like

Then it is clearly up to Asobo to fix this issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the addendum, because I would have been very surprised if it were gone. It occurs very rarely, is small-scale and completely random. The problem definitely comes with DX12.

But I’ve come to terms with it. Once you’ve played DX12 for a while you don’t want to go back to DX11 with its micro stutter. :sweat_smile:

In Germany there is a saying: Choice between Pest and Cholera :laughing:

1 Like

Dx 12 in a handcrafted airport (not optimized) after oc and uv my gpu I can reach 4k native ultra settings 70fps avg. Panning reduces to 68fps maximun for not even a second. Vram 18Gb

Dx11 62fps. Moving the camera reduces to 48fps maximum drop… vram is 11Gb. And stutters (might also be my cpu bottleneck with 7600x, tomorrow I’m going back to 7950x until 3d v-cache are released).

Who wants to go back to Dx11 with those results. A MSFS staff said this issue was known? We are in the SU11 and this issue was reported months before. We still have no words about when this will be handle.

It will be fixed. Not sure when and as for DX11 that’s history lol. Have not used it in a month ever since switching to an AMD Radeon card.

Hello Galenki,
Exact same issue for me!!!
W10 DX11 DLSS

Same thing I noticed last night, around Bordeaux, in the southwestern part of France. I’m on Xbox Series X and different layers of textures keep popping in while flying over the region.

While probably not helpful, I am no longer seeing this issue. Was consistently seeing it with DX12, and would switch back to DX11. After one of the last updates (maybe 4-6 weeks ago) I tested it again with DX12, and no longer had this issue. Tested at default airports, Asobo handcrafted, and 3rd party (had the issue with all of these in the past).

Running 3440x1440 render-scalled to roughly same amount of pixels as 4k, 10-10700k with slight OC, 64GB, at 3090 FE undervolted.

Im on the latest beta and it is still happening. Seems that tile draw ordering for DX12 is broken as the tiles draw correctly if you tick on the Airport debug from the dev menu

2 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I have the same issue on DX12, change to DX11 solve the problem but that is no solution, du to that on DX11 Nvidia’s Frame Generation doesn’t work. For me it brings FPS from 30/40 to 55/60 and make it a lot of smoother.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

This happens at any airport but not always It like 50/50% that You will have this bug. Sometimes reload of the sim helps but it is annoying. My SIM setup is 4K, TAA, rendering scale on 150%, no DLSS only Frame Generation, All on Ultra + LOD on 300. My PC i9 13900k, 32GB RAM 3600 DDR4, RTX4090.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes. But I have this issue also on none-default airports, e. g. from third party scenery creators.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Turning off DX12 indeed solves this issues, but that should not be the solution since I want to use DX12 to benefit from the improved performance.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

EKCH

EGCC

1 Like

From the latest beta release notes:

General Bug Fixes:

• Improved crash/performance issues for TBM and Longitude
  • Fixed secondary aerials sometimes overridden by Bing aerial on terrain with photogrammetry

Finally fixed???

I don’t think it has anything to do with photogrammetry, it happens to me in places where there is no photogrammetry, it doesn’t make sense that sentence.

1 Like

I don’t know, it might be fixed. Here is a screenshot from the same vantage point as the earlier post from @FG91X using DX12. This is LIMC.

1 Like

And here’s LEMG from @jfim88 's original post on this subject. Ignoring the still rather broken jetways :laughing: it looks like they may have fixed this.

1 Like

Can anyone in beta confirm this?

Yes secondary aerials overridden by Bing aerial on terrain with photogramemetry could mean airports aerials/scenary (custom as secondary) being overridden by Bing. About the “terrain with photogrametry”… I’m not that sure. Since never see this issue in any place with that (e.g. a city).

To force the issue just pan really fast and hard from cockpit view and switch back and ford to external view.

Nope, its not fixed.

What a shame. It is the only thing preventing me from using DX12 which runs so much better on my machine.

2 Likes

Hello there,

The fix that comes with the 1.30.9.0 build (beta AAU1) does not concern this topic issue. The team is still working hard on it.

We’ll let you know when we have more information

Have a great day

3 Likes