MixMugz TBM 930 Improvement Mod

Set up a new profile in the Bravo for the TBM as it does not have a mixture control.

I would hazard to guess that there is something in your community files may be causing issues with the TBM.
I do not have the issue you guys are experiencing and have found in the past that most of the evils with addons is caused by something in the community folder. Unfortunately the process is one of elimination, which means clearing out the community folder and then putting addons back a few at a time.

I know that and I had and fixed the problem over a year ago by simply unmapping the Mixture function from any axis. But yes you are correct I could have created a new profile just for the TBM.

1 Like

Just a suggestion, check that the elevator trim is level and not in a nose-up position.

Good suggestion, It is one thing I check while on approach and often find that the trim is at zero if I have got things right.

Tbm crash sim mod

It works fine for me. No crashes

Delete all other TBM mods, not textures.

I too have issues with regards to this mod but only if I load a saved flight plan. I did some testing yesterday, each time deleting content.xml and the scenery indexes for good measure. Stock TBM I could load a plan, hit fly, turn on the battery and fly from A to B w/o issue. Stock TBM + WT G3000 mod I could do the same. However, with the TBM Mod + WT G3000 mod as soon as I hit Fly I got a “MSFS has stopped working” CTD. If I don’t load a saved plan then I don’t have the issue at all. It’s driving me nuts. I had no CTDs prior to SU4. They only started after that release. I had no other mods in the Community folder, other than the ones I was testing (TBM and WT G3k). Obviously, the one combo not yet tested is TBM mod on its own but I’m testing the latest G36 mod with the NXi at the moment.

Just to clarify you get the CTD only when creating a flightplan in the Worldmap correct?

I use the same combo, WT3000 plus the latest0.6.1. TBM mod and I never have a CTD, but then I also dont use the worldmap to plan the flights.

Just make sure you got the latest 0.6.1 version

@SierraHotel2873 If import a flight plan created using Simbrief I get a CTD either in the plan screen (choosing a parking spot at the departure airport) or shortly after hitting Fly. If I create the plan using MSFS’s less then perfect planner it works OK (from memory anyway). I prefer Simbrief as it correctly applies the SID and STAR appropriate for the weather METAR, unlike MSFS. Latest versions of both, yes.

Ok. Got it. I use Simbrief. But haven’t used it with the TBM recently. I can try tonight.

The biggest thing I noticed is the effect of flaps. The modded TBM, flaps have much less effect than the stock TBM. For example, on the approach with the stock TBM, I have to increase throttle when I eventually deploy the landing flaps. It’s like throwing out an anchor. The modded TBM, the flaps overall but especially the landing flaps, they have much less drag. Very different.

So which is the more realistic? I have no idea

PS: I love the mod. Flight dynamics aside, just a silly thing like the opening and closing of doors is so much more immersive.

If we keep flying the Asobo planes with mods, they are never going to get better because that is exactly what Asobo wants, so they don’t have to stress about their poor exisiting state of all of their planes, specially the ones in Premium and Deluxe packages for which they charged a pretty penny. If you remove all the mods from Community, specially aircraft related and instruments mods, what do really have to fly? Not very much, a nice assortment of defective planes ill suited for flight simulation, and that is the way I judge the improvement after each update. If I really want to flight sim, I fired up my other sim, is not as pretty, but everything works, and I can flght and practice.

Asobo wants to show you the world, I think they are not well equipped to makes all their planes 75% suitable for full release sim.

We are still doing beta in that aspect (airplane) for them, sad but true. If anything, all the mods have kept Asobo from doing a better job in the aircrafts.

If there are people out there in simland who want to spend the time to make the original aircraft better then I, like many others, are appreciative of their efforts. Thanks to them.
I am sure you are right in your assumption that Asobo won’t spend much time on aircraft, great scenery tho
lol.
And to all those creating better scenery, thankyou

Hi, just recently started flying the TBM after 200 hours in the jplogistics C152, which is a great mod btw.

I’m absolutely loving this mod for the TBM 930. This aeroplane is so much fun to fly.
You’ve done a grand job so far and just wanted to say thanks a bunch for putting the time in for the mod.

Keep up the great work.

If you mean me, I can take no credit for the mod.
This bloke is the person you should be thanking.

mixMugz/msfs_tbm930_project

1 Like

My favourite mod in the sim so far. Thank you Mix Mugz :slight_smile:

Is there way to disable/power off PFD MFD displays? I want to test it for VR and fps, does it give more FPS. In VR, i dont everytime need those big screens.

edit. i did manage to do it myself. Just editing panel.cfg
background_color=0,0,0
every 0,0,512,350 etx -) 0,0,0,0

Does the AP work on this mod on the latest build? When I used it months ago AP won’t engage.