More diverse airport icons for parking spots (World map- zoom to details)

It does need to fit the current map aesthetic I guess yush. I can’t really tell the difference by the drop down menu & still end up with spots I don’t like.
The tag large/medium/small help somewhat at least,but still end up in spots I don’t like quite often.
Certainly interesting suggestions.Only colour icons might still not be enough clarification.With size of icon however it might be enough & clear enough.Different icons would help a lot
& the suggestions of @Supermuskox might work too.

Another possibility might be a preview in a small window of the chosen spot before you start loading into the game.A camera showing it from all angles in mini map form.
A mini version of when the game is done loading & where you have to hit play.
Clarification with icons of different size/shape/colour might be less of a pain than a mini preview of the spot.A mini preview of all the spots might starting causing loading issues or so though.

A few more inspiring examples maybe:
The new icon for parking could be inspired by this

For gate :

And with the wishlist topic Live Traffic Flightplans Based on Actual Flightplans - #3 by TripsyTipsy
Gates with actual flightplans could maybe show so during the flight planning too. A certain number of gates dedicated to popular flights for a given airport & some gates to configure your own flight plan like we are used to.For the ones who are occupied for ongoing flight schedule ,it could be included at the zoom detail maybe ,mentioning under the gate that a flight to a fixed destination is about to depart from a certain gate.On the other hand ,this shouldn’t limit players from choosing the gate they want.But maybe phasing would solve that.Or it could remain optional for players to flight the route or not at that gate.if they want to gain a better reputation with a certain company to unlock new airplane skins or so