More Physics, More Real Winds

Did you read/comprehend what @anon50268670 just posted?

During a side-slip touchdown the fuselage is perfectly aligned with the runway.
There’s zero lateral movement at touchdown, no sideloads and hence no stress on the landing gear.
That’s why you keep the wing low, to avoid that the aircraft drifts sideways across the runway.

2 Likes

So in other words you tagged along, as I thought. Good day to you sir, I recommend you demonstrate some of that “humbleness” and listen to the genuinely experienced pilots above taking the time to teach.

1 Like

Most Airlines flying Jets, Require ATPL.

I disagree. The flight dynamics engine of MSFS 2020 is powerful. But the cfg files are awful. See for example:

induced_drag_scalar = 1.5 ; 1
flap_induced_drag_scalar = 1.5 ; 1
“a value between 1.2 and 1.5 is usually fine. If this value is above 1.5, the plane will generate a lot of drag at slow speed, and if the value is closer to 1, it will glide very easily at slow speeds.”

pitch_stability = 0.05 ; 0.5
roll_stability = 0.05 ; 0.5
yaw_stability = 0.05 ; 0.5
“You need to enter a value that is higher than zero for backwards compatibility with the legacy flight model, and you can enter 0.01 - for example - if you want only the minimum friction. If the plane has more inertia, you can enter higher values.”

The Asobo documentation is in “”. My flight level mod values are after the = sign. The Asobo value are behind the first ; The sad truth is “If Asobo only knew what Asobo knows”. Asobo writes correct information into the documentation, but can not apply this know how to their cfg files. I hope XP engineers do a better job! By the way, this is B747-8i MSFS 2020 model.

3 Likes

I don’t think you care to read carefully.
But let me help you increase your care for the aircraft you fly, even if they are GA.

1. You’ve flied 737 for 400 hours.
  2. Most airline jet operations require ATPL.

Then can we draw a conclusion that you are a real pilot with ATPL IRL?

This is EXACTLY what we are saying 450+ posts, but you don’t seem to understand :joy:.

Ok. I give up. You just proved again that you don’t comprehend what you read.

Or you are simply unable to admit that you are wrong.

Whatever it is, you would be really dangerous in any aircraft cockpit, let alone an airliner cockpit.

I honestly feel a bit sorry that you can’t comprehend the basics of crosswind landings. :frowning:

1 Like

Have you tried crabbing in FS2020? I don’t think so, otherwise, you would not wait for 450 posts, you would post a video right on the first one.

This thread ranks at the very top of the truly bizarre things I’ve seen on internet forums. Mere words can’t put this into context.

I just want to say though, thankyou Nijntje91, PZL104 and MorsAbAlto84 for sharing your real world knowledge and insight in all this and providing a voice of reason. I’ve come away from this madness having learnt a few things from you all, so a quick ‘tip hat’ to you. :+1:

I’ve also learnt that what I thought the word ‘humble’ meant all my life was clearly wrong, and has been well and truly torpedoed after seeing it mentioned here.

Quick side question seeing as we’ve now moved onto licences, are Pakistan International Airlines still banned after the whole fraudulent licences thing?

8 Likes

Show me that you comprehend what you read. do you really think landing a 100+ tons aircraft with a side slip is professional? I am glad you have the brains to understand putting 100 tons on a landing gear is heavy duty for any company, who have pilots that don’t understand physics or care to read carefully, left alone thinking that other’s don’t understand.

Do you know what is the graph talking about on page 192 in the document you published?

Well, I am only an armchair pilot, but I worked on sailplane models for MSFS 2020. There is some non-realistic “white noise” in the MSFS 2020 weather. A B747 does not recognize that, but the sailplane variometer does.
I agree with you that soaring at the windward AND on the leeward side of a mountain feels good in MSFS 2020. I really wait for thermals in MSFS 2020!

1 Like

Please explain to me so we can get on the same page, what is the correct crosswind technique according to you? Now you are talking about heavy aircraft, which indeed don’t use the side-slip (wing low) technique. A Boeing 747 or Airbus A380 normally land without de-crabbing before touchdown at all. You still don’t seem to understand the difference between side-slip and crab. Crosswind is not good for an aircraft no matter the technique used, landing wing low puts a lot of stress on a single gear initially, landing in a crab induces side load, both aren’t good for the landing gear or airframe.

The good thing with MSFS 2020: You as “normal user” can make these lift visual videos yourself. See e.g. https://youtu.be/QuTWnXs1gC8

Look at my video of the x-plane landing at Princess Juliana, And tell me what you see, Side slip, or crabbing, After you find it amazing that you can land like me, I will tell you another reason for side slipping technique for those who have a problem with physics.

Great Video, I love it, Thank you for sharing… But the Normal user might improve, and want a little more then avreage, then what? Send him to FS2030?

Exactly. MSFS’ engine cannot be evaluated without properly tuned aircraft, from what I’ve seen the actual engine is really good (aside from the issues like the “white noise” that impacts gliders). Hopefully we’ll get some better tuned aircraft soon.

Do you know which crosswind technique the autoland uses? :smirk:

1 Like

I’m super happy they included those visualizations in the simulator. Not only does it help with aircraft-related development, but it also allows people to prove that the sim’s engine is as pictured in the marketing videos.

1 Like