More Physics, More Real Winds

Yessss, +500 posts in this thread, isn’t that great?

1 Like

I think my IQ just dropped to single digits trying to read these sentences.

3 Likes

I already showed you a document related to the two problems with crosswind landing, but if you must enjoy the confusion that you think I am in, Side-Slip a heavy jet, causes stress to the landing gear, too much wear and tear. And that is an unprofessional pilot. Which doesn’t know to take risks and learn.

I’m going to take a crab and head over to the airport again :joy:, hope I won’t confuse side-slip with crabbing after all this interesting conversation…

Cheers guys :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

We all need to crab FS2020 to change the physics to something more real. As it gets… :slight_smile:

I honestly think that he doesn’t know what he, or the others are talking about because;

Side-Slip a heavy jet, causes stress to the landing gear, too much wear and tear

makes zero sense.

3 Likes

Please clarify based on an earlier post also quoted above, you actually have a type rating on the 737 that your employer sent you for? Or you tagged along while your father refreshed his type rating? Because those are two very different things.

You have to admit, IncoherentBagel is very, very entertaining. And you real pilots – and note that I’m excluding TeflonBread from that group – remind me of a dog I used to have. He was a Boxer and like most of that breed, was a big clown and extremely curious. One day on a walk he and his buddy, Bubba – a Great Dane – sniffed out a skunk in the bushes. I tried calling them back over, but they wouldn’t listen to me, and they wouldn’t stop messing with the skunk. No way was I going over there to get them.

You can guess the rest of the story, and I can tell the same thing is going to happen here. Oh, ya’ll are having fun teasing the skunk, but in the end, all you’re going to do is get really stinky!!

2 Likes

I hope Asobo, will conclude the crabbing technique with some professional pilots… that know to crab everything until it is finished :slight_smile: hahahaha…

You are right ! Very stinky… Have you ever tried side slipping on Ice runway? That is a whole other story of the wrong way to do it ! if you ask m…, most of all pilots will not test the theory in FS2020.

Does it really matter? if you are a pilot, and you have flown a wide-body jet, you would realize how important it is to crab the aircraft, by the way, if you try to land on water with a side slip, you might dive first.

Read the document, Published above. And whenever you don’t understand something, ask politely - “can you please explain to me, why does it stress the landing gear? I don’t understand.”

I read it and it’s apparent that you didn’t comprehend what you’ve read.
Or I’ve missed that (for me) hidden part…where is it?

Man, yes, I am sure you have better things to do, in this thread out of 500 total posts the OP has posted probably 300 of them telling everyone he knows better than anyone, why don’t we let him feel this way and move along, what a waste of time…

1 Like

Ok, I admire how you dig deep holes for yourself and manage to climb back out, so I’m going to give it one last try. Happy that we came to the core of the problem / misunderstanding after 450+ posts…

Side-slipping does NOT mean slipping sideways over the runway, making a side-slipping crosswind landing means you are landing with zero crab (like you are showing us in your videos, that is a side-slip). If you would do the same technique without any wind you will see why it is called a side-slip because you will be slipping sideways through the air.

So to sum up, a crosswind landing can be zero-sideslip which means fully crabbed, or no de-crabbing before landing, or a crosswind landing can be fully side-slipped which means landing with zero crab.

Hope that makes sense. Now I have to run before I crab my pants and miss my crab (oh wait, the word cab is not against community guidelines). :joy::+1:

4 Likes

Keeping my fingers crossed! Excatly my thoughts.

1 Like

Please enlighten me? you have read page 192? Please read carefully, in the exam you can’t say I dismissed the paragraph or forgot the stress on the landing gear, or while flying, you can’t inform God, I forgot that too much stress with side slip! caused damage to my gear and fire to the engine.
In addition, I think it would be quite a challenge to convince users who are attached to their beliefs.

No offense sir. Just curious if you’ve got a ATPL. If you have, then you are a real airline pilot. If not, is there any chance to fly 737 without ATPL? Hard to imagine.

This is a side slip:

This is a crab:

1 Like

You can fly 737 as first officer with a CPL, at least in Europe you can…

1 Like