More Physics, More Real Winds

I hope everything works again for you guys. I gave up updating MSFS after a million tries, all ending up in download loops until my harddrive was completely stuffed, CTD and then start from the beginning. I uninstalled MSFS completely and I don’t bother reinstalling it anytime soon, that was the last straw for me unfortunately. Happy landings!

3 Likes

@Nijntje91 I sincerely hope I’ll cross your path in other simulators in any case, because I really value your knowledge, feedback and assistance to the community.

8 Likes

The Rotation at takeoff is much smoother, Stall speeds are higher, 787 specifications are more real.
Yes, the CPU optimization may have increased the accuracy of physics modeling, But I Hope this improvements will increase even more…

Really sorry and sad to see you go. Appreciated your knowledge, wisdom and willingness to point out several flaws with various aspects of MSFS’ core. Like @CptLucky8 stated, I too would like to meet you in other flight simulator platforms where your observations, analysis and recommendations would be taken more promptly and seriously. So long chief.

8 Likes

Nothing of the above is possible since the version numbers of all aircraft are identical with 1.14.5.0.

Usually once at or above 20fps, there’s no noticable change concerning flight models in most sims.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback… I hoped there is some improvement… But I guess your measurements are more Numerical, So Let’s keep on hoping…

1 Like

The issue might not be fps, but just lack of available CPU resources. I’m not sure how the sim would handle the physics thread(s) being 100% used

2 Likes

the people that configure the aircrafts are very different than the people that made the system

2 Likes

Very right! I hope we will have improvements also on the 787, 747, As they don’t work and some of the systems are modeled partly.

1 Like

Yes, we are all focused on different attributes that surmise our mission.

I put this in the “would have been nice” category, and forget about it.

Personally, am more concerned with at least ONE plane getting an accurate treatment from A2A.

1 Like

I’m also starting to think A2A may be the last holdout hope for more realistic aerodynamics/physics for MSFS.

4 Likes

Hopefully the Comanche will drop this year. It’s killing me.

3 Likes

One thing we know for sure: if A2A releases the Comanche, it will have realistic handling. If they can’t get it to fly well, they won’t release it.

2 Likes

Considering the pace of SDK development, i think A2A are thinking the exact same thing :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your contribution, Please help increase community awareness of how important it is for us to have real flight models and real physics.

How did you measure the elevator trim tabs? And how do you see the loss of hydraulics?
Thank you for sharing your ideas…

What on earth are you talking about (again)?

3 Likes

Not sure about everyone else but I am still able to land the FBW A320 with winds of around 20-30 knots without ever having to move the joystick except for the flare. I’m not a pilot but something doesn’t look right? I have seen hundreds of landings on YouTube and the joystick movement is crazy IRL.

More and more reasons why an external flight model looks like a good idea…

1 Like