Most Key bindings don't work on the Honeycomb Bravo in the Fenix a320

Yesterday I received The Honeycomb Bravo Throttle. As with the Alpha yoke, it’s of fantastic build quality. Eager to get going I loaded up the Fenix a320 & discovered to my disappointment that most of the key binding assignments don’t work.

I did a few tutorials & got the basic controls like thrust & gear/flaps. However it seems that to get any of the other dials & lights working you need to download what seem to be pretty complicated programs to use.

Could anybody suggest an easier route to get this done? Or provide a more comprehensive tutorial?

If I wanted to raise this issue, who do I raise the ticket with? Microsoft, Honeycomb, or Fenix?

I’m pretty disappointed that this expensive purchase basically has 20% functionality on the aircraft I use 99% of the time!

1 Like

There is a slight learning curve for Honeycomb and the msfs binding names aren’t great. You’ll find with the complex aircraft a list LVAR bindings in the manual usually. I use MobiFlight (free) it runs in the background and you can bind complex switches not covered in the sim, there is also a data base called Hubhop with preconfigured commands. They have a very active Discord and very helpful.

1 Like

Put a day into learning a program like spad.next and you’ll have a long time of enjoyment with the bravo. It takes a bit of effort but you’ll see that this is actually great and rewarding and you learn a better understanding of how peripherals are coded to work.

There’s probably some presets to download anyway to get you going with the least amount of fuss. I can help ya if you need.

2 Likes

Thanks to both of you for your kind words of encouragement.

It looks like I’m just going to have to bite the bullet & learn one of these programs if I want to get the Bravo to work as it should.

Any help would be Much appreciated!
Have you got the Bravo & all of it’s controls working fine?

Its the autopilot controls that had me excited to get the Bravo in the first place, so getting those working is a priority. I have managed to get Gear, Flaps, Speedbrake & thrust to work, but nothing else.

I use Axis and Ohs which does a similar job to spad.next and FSUIPC etc.

On flightsim.to there is a download for a streamdeck profile which jncludes an Axis and Ohs script file that you can import into Axis and Ohs that is then straightforward to map to the Bravo or other peripheral, eg an x touch mini, without the need todo any actual scripting.

As suggested above, hubhop is a good resource too, but will need a bit of learning about scripts to get it to work.

This all sounds more complicated than it actually is though. I know Axis and Ohs etc costs £20 or so, but i think it really is worth it. As an added bonus, it will store profiles for each plane and automatically apply them when you load the plane up. Thats worth £20 to me alone!

Edit - im not sure you’ll be able to get the AP switches all working on thd bravo as is necause of the selector knob and the other knob dont quite mstch the AP controls on the A320 - i use an x touch mini for it and it works really well

1 Like

Well, I did it. I took all of your advice & put some time into learning Spad.next. It’s actually been great fun to do!

I have most things mapped now, except I can’t figure out the Push/Pull knobs for selected/managed mode on the FCU (for speed, Alt, etc). Any help there would be greatly appreciated!! (Edit: I’ve now got them pretty much working, except you don’t see or hear the push/pull animation)

After that, my next big challenge is to figure out how to get all the lights on the bravo to work.

You are right though, it’s very rewarding when you do figure it out!

1 Like

I do not have the Fenix but for the lights I use Better Bravo Lights from flightsim.to for my 737 and CRJ Better Bravo Lights » Microsoft Flight Simulator it works perfect and you don’t have to worry about programming them. I am not sure if he has put the Fenix in or not.

1 Like

I think the Better Bravo Lights guys are still working on the Fenix profile.

A month and a bit later and it’s still being worked on I believe. If anyone knows differently please let me know.

It’s a great little program though.

This business is very frustrating though. The PMDG 737 worked with the Bravo out of the box, as does the FBW A320NX. It’s immensely frustrating that the Fenix doesn’t.

1 Like

Yes, it’s just disappointing. Still looking for a simpler solution than SPAD.NEXT

1 Like

I know this come close to cheating, but is there any chance you would be willing to share your setup with the rest of us mere mortals.?
Thanks - in advance.

Would you guys say that Spad.next is easier to use than mobiflight?

I downloaded Mobiflight and it started having popups saying it was going to overwrite my arduino boards that have been carefully programmed for HID and joystick outputs for use in IL2 and DCS… that was too scary for me lol. It seemed very focussed on cockpit building rather than mapping joystick buttons (at first glance).

Spad.next seems very focussed on Saitek equipment from the screenshots - does it have a simple interface I can just bind joystick buttons to LVARs?

Well, no I don‘t think so. There is definitley a learning curve if you want to do things yourself. However there are online snippets available that you can download and apply. There should be one for the Fenix. Have you checked some of Les O’Reilly tutorials from his YT channel? That might give you an idea. Also there is a free trial available for Spad.Next. But I’m not sure if the online snippet thing will work in the demo.

Thanks, I haven’t seen the youtube but can usually pick things up if the interface is intuitive and has documentation because of my programming background.

My issue is more about time than difficulty, I need to find a spare few hours to go through the setup and then the trial and error of mapping things. I’d normally avoid youtube videos because they don’t get straight to the answer I want whereas a PDF would. But I’ll keep that channel name noted in case I come across any blockers thanks.

I also want to map some missing controls from the BAE146, saw some LVARs that people used in Mobiflight I’m assuming they are probably usable in Spad.next as well, will probably try out next weekend as long as don’t get too busy again…