Motion Flight simulator

Hi boys and girl,

I see this beatiful budget motion flight simulator… The price start at 1490$

Link:

Hope you like!..

2 Likes

that actually looks quite useable. My aging bones might not like the sitting position much but it looks very functionable.

Im guessing that mounting 3 monitors on it, wouldnt work due to the load? in case I didnt want to use VR.

There’s an LTT about this, it looks pretty cool!

Yes, or maybe for now, this add-on

It would be better if his VR worked. He’s moving his head all around but the viewpoint is staying in the same direction. Unless he toggle it ‘off’…?

You know I figured that, but then I thought that’s the monitor view… I also thought at the same time they were just 2 videos playing along side each other …, but on reflection I think they are linked.

After watching their kickstarter video for YAW2 I really really wanted it. But they could not confirm their software working with motion compensation for WMR OpenXR (HP Reverb G2), and with shipping and duties the cost ballooned to unacceptable for me. So I decided to build my own :slight_smile:
It cost me about $350, and was fun to build. Works great.
Here it is, with a detailed video - demo flight, hardware and software walkthrough and everything. Design and build photos too: My DIY 2DOF Motion Platform for MSFS - adding a whole new immersion level to VR, on a budget - VIDEO