Mouse cursor randomly DOESN'T REAPPEAR when moving around (translation) in the cockpit after last “mouse going to top left corner” fix

They are aware of this bug still not being solved becouse mods changed the tag from “nothing” to “bug-logged” a few days ago.

(REMEMBER: The bug of this topic is “When you translate in the cockpit, the mouse ramdomly dissapear” wich is the consecuence of a partial fix of a bug introduced in SU5 where the mouse went to the top left corner AND randomly dissapear. They fixed the “going to the top left corner” part, but not the other (I think because it was hard to identificate at that moment that the mouse cursor was ALSO dissapearing))

1 Like

This bug is way deeper rooted then you even realize and also contains a myriad of other related bugs I and many others have been reporting including a very very rare crash bug. Surprised they did not fix this sooner it needs to be addressed. New bug added to the list with SU8 where the mouse cursor now teleports to the middle of the screen for gamepad users and thinks it’s a reticle.

You can clearly see the mouse and white dot fighting and there are even bugs relating to the camera code with this stuff. VR users might even be getting the worst of it especially when using a gamepad. They should have fixed this sooner I’ve seen at least a hundred separate threads on these issues across various forums and all of them were ignored. Many of us are fighting with the interface constantly as we fly our airplanes and it’s gone from annoying to down right unacceptable.

Even a mouse cursor that auto hides itself while I am adjusting a dial or something is unacceptable. We have toggles for the cursor now in all modes and it’s not even being used properly or coded correctly. I have tried every option and workaround and none of them work and all conflict with each other in one way or another.

I am just glad you have some traction in here because the whole interface needs work not just gamepads. Mouse and keyboard too and it’s all indirectly linked and related to the same SDK issues at the root. When we moved to SU5 we switched to the XBOX controller SDK and man is it rough for PC users to swallow. Still it is just sad we have waited this long and still no fixes. One thing to toss out the old code and switch to the other SDK but then to leave PC users hanging is just brutal. You noticed how fast Track IR issues got fixed? Gamepads and mouse though we have to wait years apparently.

2 Likes

I have a question for you guys.
Anyone of you are in the BETA for SU9 and have tested if the issue is solved?
On the patch notes they say:

“• Fixed cursor issues in cockpit and in devmode”

So maybe… it’s fixed. If not, we sould say something about it. Maybe they tried to fix it but they doesn’t know if it’s fixed already or not.

I’m in the beta and can confirm that it is fixed. Whenever I’m changing views with the hat switch on the TCA Airbus sidestick the mouse cursor does not disappear :).

1 Like

Oh finally :slight_smile: Thanks for info.

1 Like

It is worth veryfing if issue is fixed by transiting through the cockpit using arrow keys.

2 Likes

I’ll try to verify that ASAP.

@Sydicek, have you had an opportunity to check it yet? Thank you.

Hey there, I’ve just checked it out in the A32NX and it is definitely fixed in the beta.
You can check it out here: Microsoft Flight Simulator 1 25 7 0 2022 04 19 22 11 30 - YouTube

2 Likes

Thank you for your time. Děkuji.

1 Like

No problem! Není zač :slight_smile:

I’m not 100% sure with that video because I still see sometimes how the mouse cursor disspaear, but if you say it is fixed… it will be (we hope xD)
Remember, the problem is the cursor RANDOMLY dissapearing when translating using the arrow keys (by the way, they are the default translation keys by Asobo)
Thanks

It seems it’s finally solved! Hurray!

But let me know if any of you still have the issue. I tested it on the C172 and F18 while testing other SU9 stuff.

Issue fixed in the 1.25.7.0 version of the sim